- The Apple Music app is not listed on the Android TV’s Play Store. You need to sideload or cast the Apple Music app on your Android TV using smartphones.
- Sideload Apple Music: Install Downloader on Android TV → Enable Unknown Sources → Open Downloader → Enter Apple Music APK URL → Install the app.
- Cast Apple Music: Install Apple Music on smartphone → Open the app → Click the Cast icon → Choose the Android TV.
Apple Music is the go-to music streaming platform for iPhone users. The app is not a welcomed one in the Android ecosystem. Though Apple Music is available for Android smartphones, the app is not available for Android TV. This lands me in an awkward situation where I need to use the app only on my iPhone. However, the Apple Music app can be sideloaded on Android TV using the APK file.
If you are an Apple Music user with an Android TV, use this guide to sideload the app. Here, I have explained possible ways to access the music app on Android TVs and Android TV Boxes.
How to Sideload Apple Music on Android TV
1. Turn On your Android TV and connect it to an internet connection.
2. Hit the Home button on the Android TV remote.
3. Click Apps on the home screen.
4. Select the Play Store app.
5. Type and search for Downloader.
6. Tap Install on the app info page.
7. Go to Settings → Click Device Preferences → Tap Security & restrictions → Select Unknown sources and enable it.
8. After enabling it, launch the Downloader app on Android TV.
9. Press the Browser tab.
10. Type the Apple Music Android TV APK link (bit.ly/3squC4I) in the URL box and tap Go.
11. Once the APK file is downloaded, click Install to download the Apple Music app.
12. Launch the Apple Music app after installation.
13. Sign in to Apple Music by entering your Apple ID credentials.
14. Then, start listening to Apple Music on your TV.
How to AirPlay Apple Music on Android TV [iPhone/iPad]
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can AirPlay the Apple music content from your iOS device.
1. Connect your Android TV and iPhone/iPad to the same WiFi.
2. Enable AirPlay on your Android TV by going to Settings → Apple AirPlay and HomeKit Settings → AirPlay → Turn on.
3. Launch Apple Music on your iPhone.
4. Sign in to the Apple Music app using your Apple ID.
5. Play a song on the Apple Music app.
6. Click on the AirPlay icon displayed at the bottom center of the player screen.
7. Select your Android TV to AirPlay the content.
8. Now, listen to the music on your Android TV.
How to Cast Apple Music on Android TV [Android Phone]
If you are an Android Smartphone user, you can also listen to Apple Music through Casting. If your Android TV doesn’t support casting, connect and set up a Chromecast device with your TV.
1. Connect your Android mobile and TV to the same WiFi.
2. Turn on Casting on your Android TV under Settings.
3. Open Apple Music on your Smartphone after installing it from the Play Store.
4. Log in to Apple Music by entering the Apple ID details.
5. Tap the music you want to play.
6. Now press the Cast icon exhibited at the bottom middle of the media player screen.
7. Choose your Android TV to cast the Apple Music content.
8. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and choose the Disconnect button.
How to Listen to Apple Music on Using Browser
You can also stream Apple Music from a web browser on your TV.
1. Open a browser on your Android TV.
3. Log in to your Apple Music account by typing the required details.
4. Once signed in, play a song and stream it on your Android TV.
Apple Music: Subscription Plans
The subscription plans of Apple Music are discussed below. You can subscribe to any one of the plans on the Apple Music webpage.
- Individual – $10.99/month.
- Student – $5.99/month.
- Family (6 Members) – $16.99/month.
If you are not satisfied with the subscription, you can also cancel the Apple Music subscription anytime. The Voice Plan ($4.99/month) was discontinued on November 01, 2023. You can check the Apple support page for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
When comparing audio quality, Apple Music is the best. But, based on availability, Spotify is the best app. You can install Spotify on Android TV directly from the Play Store. It is up to the user to get the platform that suits their needs.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Bet365 Sports Betting App & Live Games
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch NFL on TCL Smart TV [Week 14]
- How to Live Stream NFL Games on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Roku
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Stream NFL on Chromecast
- How to Watch UFC Fight Night on PS5 [Song vs Gutierrez]
- How to Watch UFC Fight Night on TCL Smart TV [Song vs Gutierrez]