- To connect your LG TV to Google Home: Install the LG ThinQ app → Pair it with your LG TV → Get the Google Home app → Link it with LG ThinQ to use Google Assistant.
- To use built-in Google Assistant on LG TV: Tap the Google Assistant button LG Magic remote → Scan the link → Link your Google account → Start controlling your LG TV using Google Assistant.
You can connect the Google Home to your LG TV using the LG ThinQ app and can access Google Assistant. The LG TVs with webOS 22.0 or higher come with built-in Google Assistant. So, you can use the Google Assistant button on the Magic remote to set up the Google Home and use this feature.
By connecting the Google Home app, you can control not only your LG TV but also all the smart home devices using Google Assistant voice commands. Google Assistant is available in many countries and languages for users to access easily.
In this guide, you will learn how to connect LG Smart TV to Google Home to access Google Assistant.
How to Setup Google Home on LG TV via the LG ThinQ App
1. Connect your LG TV and Smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3. Launch the app and complete the signup process.
4. Pair the LG ThinQ app with your LG TV. Follow the below steps to pair it.
Open the LG ThinQ app → Tap the + tile → Pick the TV option → Select your LG TV → Enter the Activation code displayed on your TV screen → Hit OK.
6. Open the Google Home app and tap the + icon.
7. Select the Set up device option.
8. Choose the Works with Google option.
9. Search and pick the LG ThinQ app.
10. Tap Accept all and hit Agree to link your Google account to control all the Smart devices.
11. Now, open the Google Home app and start accessing your LG TV using voice commands.
Also, look at our guide on how to turn on Bluetooth on LG TV and connect with external Bluetooth speakers.
How to Setup Google Home on LG TV with Built-in Google Assistant
1. Pair your LG Magic remote with your LG TV once it is turned ON.
2. Press the Google Assistant button on Magic Remote.
3. User Agreements will be displayed on your TV screen. Agree to the required terms for voice control.
4. Further select the I understand button and hit Allow.
5. Now connect your Smartphone and LG TV under the same WiFi.
6. Scan the QR code or open the link displayed on your LG TV on your Smartphone using the Web browser.
7. You will be linked to your Google account. Now, enter the Setup Code that is shown on your TV screen.
8. Your Smartphone will detect the TV connected to the same WiFi network.
9. Click Continue and hit Turn ON to enable the built-in Google Assistant to control the devices.
10. Long press the Google Assistant button on the Magic remote and voice command your TV.
11. If you want to know more about voice commands, open the Explore Google Assistant app on your LG TV.
12. You can also use it to control the Smart Home devices that are connected to the same Google Account.
To change Language on Google Assistant, open the Google Home app on your Smartphone → Go to Settings → Google Assistant → Manage All Assitant Settings → Languages → Choose languages for speaking to your assistant → Pick your current language set → Select any language from the list to set it on your Google Assistant.
Ensure to connect your LG TV, Google Home, and LG ThinQ app under the same WiFi. Also, keep the apps and LG TV updated to its latest version and try to reconnect it.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated September 2023]
- How to Enable and Use AirPlay on Samsung Smart TV
- IPTV Prime: Stream 58,000+ TV Channels and 97,000+ VODs in 4K Quality
- How to Get Intelius Free Trial for 5-7 Days
- How to Take Screenshot on LG Smart TV
- How to Get 14-Day Free Trial on Zwift
- How to Install Eurosport Player Kodi Addon
- IPTV Plus – Stream 11000+ Channels & 30000+ VOD Content at €18.99
- How to Get and Access Kodi on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Watch MLB 2023 on PS5