- To Install DirecTV Stream on Samsung TV: Turn on your TV → Home Screen → Apps → Search bar → DirecTV Stream → Install.
- To Watch DirecTV Stream via Web Browser: Press the Home button on your TV remote → Internet app → Address bar → DirecTV Stream → Sign in.
- To AirPlay DirecTV Stream on Samsung TV: Connect TV and iPhone/iPad to same internet → Install DirecTV Stream → Login → Play any video → Tap AirPlay icon → Select TV.
- To Get DirecTV Stream via SmartThings App: Connect your Samsung TV and smartphone to the same WiFi → Install SmartThings app → Install DirecTV Stream app → SmartThings app → Add device → Choose your TV → PIN → Sign in.
If you’re searching for the best streaming service for your Samsung TV, DirecTV Stream is the never-to-miss option. It offers content in various genres like live sports, news, dramas, etc. DirecTV Stream lets you watch online and on-demand content on your Samsung TV.
If you own a 2017 and above Samsung Smart TV model, you can find the app natively from its app store. If your TV is incompatible with the app, you can use alternative methods, such as Screencast or AirPlay, to watch DirecTV Stream on your Smart TVs. In this article, you’ll learn the possible ways of streaming DirecTV Stream on your Samsung Smart TVs.
How to Install DirecTV Stream App on Samsung Smart TV
Since DirecTV Stream is a subscription-based streaming service, you need a subscription plan to stream its content. DirecTV Stream offers four subscription plans to its users. You can subscribe to any of the plans by visiting its official website. The plan starts from $64.99 per month.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
2. Select the Apps option from the home screen.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Hit the Search bar at the top right corner and search for the DirecTV Stream app.
4. Select the app and hit the Install button to get the app on your Samsung TV.
5. After installing, open the app and log in with your DirecTV Stream credentials.
6. Start watching the content on your Samsung TV.
How to AirPlay DirecTV Stream on Samsung TV
AirPlaying is an alternative way to get the DirecTV Stream content on your Smart TV. This feature is available on 2018+ Samsung TV models. To stream the content via AirPlay, you need to enable the AirPlay feature on your Samsung TV.
1. Make sure to connect your Samsung TV and the iPhone/iPad to the same internet connection.
2. Install the DirecTV Stream app from the App Store on your iOS device.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in to your account.
4. Now, play any video on the DirecTV Stream app on your iOS device and click the AirPlay icon.
5. Then, select your Samsung Smart TV from the popup menu to pair with your iOS device.
7. Once connected, the content on your smartphone will start to stream on your Samsung TV.
How to Cast DirecTV Stream on Samsung TV
You can also use the Screen Mirror option to share the content from your Android smartphone to your Samsung TV.
1. Connect your Samsung TV and Android device to the same internet connection.
2. Open the Play Store application and search for the DirecTV Stream app.
3. Locate the official app and tap Install to get the app from the Play Store on your device.
4. Now, hit the Open button and log in with your credentials.
5. Play the content that you need to stream on your TV.
6. Hit the Screencast icon on the Notification Panel and select your Samsung TV.
7. Click the Allow button on your TV and enjoy streaming the content on your Samsung TV.
How to Watch DirecTV Stream on Older Samsung TVs [2016 & Below]
Since the application is unavailable on older Samsung TV models, you can use the built-in browser on the TV to stream the content of DirecTV Stream.
1. Press the Home or Smart Hub button on the remote.
2. Select the Internet app from the home screen and launch it.
3. Hit the address bar and type the official website of DirecTV Stream [https://www.directv.com].
4. Now, launch the website, tap the Sign in button, and enter your account details.
5. Once signed in, play your favorite content on the DirecTV Stream app and watch it on the big screen.
How to Fix DirecTV Stream App Not Working on Samsung TV
If the DirecTV Stream app is not working on your TV, you can follow the troubleshooting methods discussed below in the table.
|DirecTV Stream app buffering/freezing on Samsung Smart TVs
|◘ Uninstall the app on Samsung TV and reinstall it
◘ Check for the device software updates
◘ Check for proper internet connection
|The DirecTV Stream app is not opening/ not loading on Samsung Smart TVs
|◘ Update the Samsung TV
◘ Power cycle your Samsung Smart TV
◘ Restart your Samsung TV
◘ Update the DirecTV Stream app
|Video playback issues on the DirecTV Stream app on Samsung Smart TVs
|◘ Delete the cache files on TV
◘ Restart your router
◘ Turn Off your VPN
◘ Reset your Samsung TV
Yes. DirecTV Stream offers a 5-day free trial, which you can use on your TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.