- To Get Disney Plus on Philips Android TV/Google TV: Go to Apps → Select Google Play Store / Search for apps and games → Search icon → Type Disney Plus → Hit Install.
- To Add Disney+ Roku TV: Go to Streaming Channels → Search Channels → Type Disney Plus → select Add Channel.
If you like to spend quality movie time with your kids and families as I do, then Disney Plus is the best choice. Since the Disney Plus app is available on Philips Smart TV, you can stream any TV shows or movies at your convenience. However, the Disney Plus app is unavailable for Philips Saphi and Net TV.
If you are an older Philips TV user or prefer not to install the app, you can use the Cast or AirPlay to stream the Disney+ app content in no time. In this article, I have explained the detailed guidelines on the availability and how to install, activate, and stream Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV models. As a bonus, I discussed some easy fixes to help you resolve the Disney Plus app not working issue on your TV.
How to Install Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV
To watch every TV content of Disney+ on your Philips Smart TV, you need to subscribe to one of its premium plans first. You can either sign up for Disney Plus premium starting from $7.99/month or get the Disney Bundle for $9.99/month to get started. To explore various flexible premium plans, visit the official website of the service.
Get Disney Plus on Philips Android TV / Google TV
1. Turn on your Philips TV and select the Settings option.
2. Now, connect your Philips Smart TV to a WIFI network.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Tap Apps and select the Google Play Store app on the Android TV.
- Those Google TV users can select Search for apps and games to proceed further.
4. Type in the keyword Disney Plus and search the app.
5. Select the Disney+ app from the result and click the Install button.
6. After installing, activate the app to stream your desired media on your TV.
Add Disney Plus on Philips Roku TV
1. Press the Home button on the Roku TV remote and select the Streaming Channels option.
2. Next, click the Search Channels option and type Disney Plus in the search field.
3. Pick out the app from the search results and click the Add Channel button to include the app on Philips Roku TV.
4. After installing, tap the Open Channel option on the same page.
5. Now, follow the activation process from the upcoming section and start streaming.
How to Activate Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV
To sign in and stream your Disney Plus app on Philips Smart TV, you must activate its app by visiting its official website. To do this,
1. Open the Disney Plus app on your Smart TV.
2. Click on the Login option on the Disney+ app to generate the activation code and website.
3. Now, open a browser and visit the activation website of Disney+.
4. Key in the activation code as shown on the TV now on the website and the Continue button.
5. Next, enter the sign-in details of your account and finish the process.
6. Now, your TV screen will refresh and load the Disney Plus content automatically.
7. If the above steps don’t happen, reboot the app and stream Disney Plus on Philps Smart TV.
How to Sideload Disney Plus on Philips Smart TV
If you can’t find the Disney Plus app on your Philips Smart TV, it means the app is not available in your region. However, you can install its app on your Philips Android and Google TV by sideloading it.
1. On your Philips Android TV, go to the respected app store and install the Downloader app.
2. Now, go to the TV Settings and enable the Unknown Sources option.
- Philips Android TV: Settings → Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions → CHoose Downloader → Turn On the toggle.
- Philips Google TV: Settings → Apps → Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources → Click on Downloader → Enable it.
3. Open the Downloader app and give permission to the app.
4. Next, enter the APK URL of the Disney Plus app into the search field of the Downloader app.
5. Click on the Go option and download the APK file of the app.
6. Now, tap the Install button and sideload the Disney Plus app on your TV.
Is it Possible to Cast Disney Plus on Philips Smart TVs?
Yes. The Disney Plus app comes with a built-in Cast function. So, you can stream your favorite TV shows via the app from your Android smartphone to your TV big screen. Connect your Philips TV and Android smartphone with the streaming app to the same WIFI network to do this. Once signed in, click on the Cast icon on the app, play any media file from the smartphone, and view it on your TV.
Can I AirPlay Disney Plus on Philips Smart TVs?
Using your iOS device, you can AirPlay Disney Plus app on your Smart TV. However, you should enable the AirPlay on Philips Smart TV before doing this. Next, sync your iOS and Philips TV to the same WIFI network. Now, choose any content from the app. On the playback display, click on the AirPlay icon. Choose your Philips TV and AirPlay Disney Plus app phone to TV.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Philips Smart TV
After using the Disney Plus app for days, I faced minor issues like buffering, unresponsive playback functions, the app not loading, a black screen, etc. However, I figured out this issue could be quickly resolved by doing various tests on the app.
- Internet connection: Restart your WIFI router to fix the Disney Plus app buffering issue on your TV.
- Disney Plus Server Status: Check whether there are any issues on the Disney Plus server by visiting the Downdetector website or via social media.
- Restart your TV: Doing a restart on Philips Smart TV will remove the bugs and other temp files for smoother functioning.
- Close background apps: Try closing any apps running in the background to fix the Disney+ app not loading issues. Also, you can uninstall the app on your Philips TV and re-install it.
- Clear Cache files: Delete the cache files on your TV to fix the black screen and playback function issue of the Disney Plus app.
- Update your TV: Update your Philips Smart TV and the Disney Plus app to the current version to fix every issue.
- Reset TV: Perform a factory reset on Philips Smart TV to fix the Disney Plus app not working issue on your TV. Try this method after trying out the above troubleshooting.
Yes. You can easily download any video content and play it on your Philips TV offline whenever you want.
You can watch the movies and TV shows on the Disney+ app for free, with some ads in between on your Philips TV. To access all content ad-free, you need to subscribe to its premium plans from its website.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.