Google Drive is a seamless platform to store and access media files & documents in the cloud. With a valid Gmail ID, you will get 5 GB of free cloud storage. Though the Google Drive app is pre-installed on Android smartphones and tablets, the app is not available for Android TVs and TV Boxes. The Google Drive app is not listed on the Android TV’s integrated Play Store.
To get the Google Drive app on your Android TV, you can sideload the app using its APK file. If you want to access the Google Drive video file or images, you can cast the Google Photos app on your TV. You can also use a web browser on your TV to access the Google Drive website.
- Google Drive is the safest place to store your personal files, documents, images, and other files.
- Using the Search feature, you can search for any file on the app.
- When sharing important files, you can set permissions for a separate file or a whole folder.
- You can also access the file offline if you have any network issues.
- By using the same Gmail, you can access the Google Drive files on different apps like Google Photos, Google Slides, Google Docs, and other Google applications.
How to Sideload Google Drive on Android TV
As mentioned above, you can’t install Google Drive on your TV from the Play Store. You need to use the Downloader app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Then, open the Settings menu on your TV.
3. On the Settings menu, choose the Device Preferences menu.
4. Tap the Security & Restrictions option on the next screen.
5. Now, click the Unknown Sources option and choose the Install Unknown Apps feature.
6. You will get a list of apps. Select the Downloader app and enable the Install Unknown Apps toggle.
7. Now, open the Downloader app and click Allow if any prompts appear.
8. In the Search bar, enter the Google Drive Android TV APK link (bit.ly/3qwQjiN) and click the GO button.
9. Download the APK file and click the Install button.
10. Then, tap the Open button to launch the Google Drive app on your TV.
How to Cast Google Drive Files on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the Google Drive app on your TV, you can use the Google Photos app on your smartphone to cast your Drive media files.
1. Install the Google Photos app on your Android smartphone from the Play Store.
2. Then, connect your Android TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Google Photos app and sign in with the same account that you are using on Google Drive.
4. Play any video or view any image. Then, tap the Cast icon on the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. The media file from the Android smartphone will appear on your TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click the Disconnect button.
How to Use Google Drive Webpage on Android TV
1. Install any web browser on your Android TV from the Play Store. If you want, you can sideload Brave on Android TV using its APK file.
2. Open the web browser and go to the Google Drive URL (https://drive.google.com/).
3. Click the Sign In button on the top right corner.
4. Then, enter your Gmail credentials and log in with your Gmail account.
5. Now, all your Google Drive files will appear. Choose the video file you want and access it on your Android TV.
No, Google Drive is not available for Android TVs and TV Boxes. You need to sideload the app using third-party installers.
Yes, you can use the Google Photos app to cast the Drive files on your TV using your smartphone.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.