The MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique identifier available for all devices, including Samsung Smart TVs. The Samsung TV has a MAC address for wired and wireless network connections.
Knowing about the MAC address of Samsung TVs is mandatory as it is crucial for performing various network-related tasks. You can find the MAC address of your Samsung Smart TV by navigating to the About This TV section on your TV’s Settings.
In this article, we have covered the step-by-step procedure to find the MAC address on Samsung Smart TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Find MAC Address on Your Samsung Smart TV
#1. Turn On your Samsung TV and press the Settings button on the remote.
#2. Scroll down and select the option Support.
#3. Next, hit the option About This TV.
#4. A menu will pop up on the screen. This menu contains all the details about your Samsung Smart TV.
Note: If you can’t see any information about your TV, reboot your Samsung TV and check again.
#5. Scroll down to the Product Information section.
#6. Here, you can view the Wired MAC Address and Wireless MAC Address of your Samsung TV.
Why Should You Know About the MAC Address of Your Samsung Smart TV?
Some benefits of knowing about the MAC address of Samsung Smart TV are listed below.
- The primary reason is to troubleshoot the network connectivity issue. If you know the MAC address of your TV, you can easily find your TV’s network interactions and can easily resolve the problem.
- Knowing about the MAC address lets you prioritize network resources for your TV.
- You can monitor the data usage and activity of your Samsung Smart TV by knowing about the MAC address.
- Some remote control apps and IPTV apps like Smart IPTV require your TV’s MAC address. To use those apps, you need to know about the MAC address.
- You can use the MAC address to implement parental controls on your Samsung Smart TV.
- If you know the MAC address of your TV, you can restrict and prevent other unknown devices from connecting to your network.
- If you plan to connect the Samsung TV to a new WiFi network, knowing the MAC address will simplify the process and lets you connect easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You cannot change the MAC address of your Samsung TV
Use the SmartThings app as a virtual remote and navigate to the About This TV section of your Samsung TV to find the MAC address.
Go to Settings → Click Connection → Tap Network → Select Network Status → Click IP Settings. Here, you will find the IP address of your Samsung TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.