- To Turn Off Bixby Voice Assistant on Samsung TV: Go to Settings → select General → Choose Voice → Select Bixby Voice Settings → Click Privacy → Select Leave Bixby → OK.
- To Turn Off Alexa: Open the Alexa app → Click on Select → Choose Menu → Click Settings → Select Log Out.
- To Turn Off Google Assistant: Go to Settings → Select General → Click Voice → Choose Google Assistant Settings → Click Manage Account → Select Sign Out → Done.
Even though the Voice Assistant feature gives you more convenience and hands-free control of your Samsung TV, in many circumstances, they are needless. If your Samsung TV does not recognize the voice properly and performs an irregular activity, you can turn off the feature to disable it.
Some people may think about their data security & privacy and don’t want their smart TV to record their activities. If you are one among them, you can easily disable the feature on your Samsung TV by navigating to Settings. In this article, we will guide you on switching off different voice assistants on your Samsung TV seamlessly.
How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung TV
Since Samsung Smart TVs are compatible with three various digital Voice Assistants, you cannot do it with the same steps for all. The steps to turn off the feature may vary according to each platform.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Turn Off Bixby in Samsung Smart TV
1. Switch on your Samsung TV and launch the home screen using the remote control.
2. Click on the Settings tab at the bottom left corner of the page.
3. Select General from the left panel and choose Voice.
4. Now, select Bixby Voice Settings and choose Privacy from the left panel.
5. Scroll down to the last and select Leave Bixby. Again, choose Leave Bixby from the popup menu.
6. Finally, hit OK to delete Bixby from your TV.
How to Turn Off Amazon Alexa in Samsung Smart TV
1. Press the Home button on your remote to launch the home screen.
2. Locate and launch the Alexa app from the list of apps.
3. Press the left arrow on your remote and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Now, hit the Log Out button and select Not Now to remove the Alexa functionality on your TV.
How to Turn Off Google Assistant on Samsung Smart TV
1. Connect your Samsung TV to the WiFi and press the Home button.
2. Select the Settings option and navigate to the General tab.
3. Now, select Voice and click on Google Assistant Settings.
4. Hit Manage Account and select the Sign-Out button.
5. Finally, tap Done to turn off the Google Assistant on your Samsung TV.
How to Turn Off Voice Guidance on Samsung Smart TV
1. Initially, power on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Hit the Home button on the remote to navigate to the home screen.
3. Go to Settings and select All Settings.
4. Select General & Privacy and choose Accessibility from the list of menus.
Note: If you use a Smart remote, you can easily access the Accessibility settings by pressing the Volume buttons (+/–) for a few seconds.
5. Navigate to Voice Guide Settings.
Note: You can also disable the subtitles on Samsung Smart TV in the Accessibility section.
6. Disable the Voice Guide toggle.
How to Disable Voice Guide on Samsung TV in Older Models
You can easily disable the Voice Guide on older models of Samsung TV using the steps below.
1. Hit the Menu button on the remote and select System.
2. Head to Settings → Accessibility.
3. Click Voice Guide and disable it.
1. Tap Menu on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Go to Sound/Sound Mode.
3. Choose Broadcast.
4. Click Audio Language and choose English AD to disable the feature.
How to Turn Off Voice Guide on Samsung TV using Voice Commands
If you use the latest version of Samsung Smart TV, you can disable the Voice Assistant with the Voice Command features like Google Assistant, Alexa, and Bixby.
1. Long-press the Microphone button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Command, Turn Off Voice Guide.
3. Let out the microphone button. Now, the Voice Assistant on your Samsung TV will be turned Off.
How to Disable Audio Description on Samsung Smart TV
The Audio Description simply describes the functions that happen on the TV screen. Having it enabled, it can be frustrating to see the text on the screen every time. However, you can easily turn it Off on your Samsung TV in the Accessibility section.
1. Navigate to Settings on the Samsung TV.
2. Select General under the list of settings.
3. Choose Accessibility.
4. Now, select the Audio Description settings and turn it Off.
How to Fix Voice Assistant Doesn’t Turn Off on Samsung Smart TV
Due to some technical glitches like firmware issues, the Voice Guide/Assistant won’t turn Off on your Samsung TV. However, you can refer to the below troubleshooting methods to fix the issue on your Smart TV.
1. If you use an app with the voice assistant feature enabled, disable it and check.
2. If it doesn’t resolve, uninstall the apps on your Samsung TV.
3. Reboot your Samsung TV and try turning Off the Voice Guide feature.
4. Check the firmware of your Samsung TV. If it is outdated, try updating your Samsung TV and fix it.
5. If none of the above methods work, reset your Samsung TV.
7. Contact Samsung Support and explain the issue to the Support Agent. They might help you in guiding you to fix the feature within a short time.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have enabled the Voice Guide on Samsung TV, the TV will narrate everything displayed on the screen.
Go to Settings → All Settings → General & Privacy → Accessibility → Voice Guide Settings → Turn it ON.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.