Turning on your Philips TV might not be a difficult task. Point the remote towards the TV, press the power button on the remote, and the TV will turn on. Turning on your Philips TV can get tricky if your remote is damaged or lost. However, there are still ways to turn on your Philips Smart TV without a physical remote. The first viable option would be using a universal remote if you have one.
If you don’t have a universal remote, you can use the physical button on the Philips TV or remote apps to turn on your TV. This article has compiled all possible ways to turn on all the different versions of the Philips Smart TV with or without a remote.
How to Turn On Philips TV With Remote
You can use the Philips TV remote or a universal remote to turn on the Philips Smart TV. Here is how to do it.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Using Philips TV Remote
All models of Philips Smart TV come with a remote control to control the TV. You can use this remote to turn on and control other TV functions. Here is how to turn on your TV using the remote.
1. Ensure your Philips TV is plugged into a power outlet.
2. Point your Philips TV Remote towards your Philips TV and press the power button on the remote to turn on your Philips Smart TV.
Doing this will turn on your Philips Smart TV.
Using Universal Remote
If you lost or damaged your Philips TV remote, you could use a universal remote to turn on your Philips TV. However, you must have paired this remote with your TV earlier to use it to turn on your TV. Here is how to pair a universal remote with your Philips TV.
1. Turn on your Philips Smart TV.
2. Press and hold the universal mode and OK buttons on the universal remote simultaneously on the remote for 5 seconds.
3. Now, enter the four-digit pairing code of the universal remote.
4. Once the remote is paired, you can use it to turn on or control your Philips TV using the universal remote.
How to Turn On Philips TV Without Remote
If you don’t have your Philips TV remote or if your remote is damaged to the point of being unusable, you can use the physical power button on the TV or various smartphone remote apps to power your Philips Smart TV.
Using the Power Button
Locate the physical power button or the joystick on your Philips Smart TV and press the power button to turn on your TV. Typically, the power button or the joystick will be located on the side panels or bottom panel of the Smart TV.
If you can’t find the power button on your TV, use your TV owner’s manual to know the exact location of the buttons.
Using Smartphone Apps
Philips Smart TVs also offer a way to power on the TVs using smartphone apps. These apps can control all the TV’s basic functions if your Philips TV remote stops working or is lost. All these apps need to be paired or connected to your TV beforehand to use them to turn on your Philips Smart TV.
Note: Ensure that your smartphone and Philips Smart TV are connected to the same WiFi to use these apps to control your TV.
Philips Smart TV App
You can use the Philips Smart TV app to control all Philips Android TVs and other OS TVs manufactured in 2019 or later. This app won’t work on selective Android TV models from 2021-2022. Here is how to pair the app with your TV.
2. Turn on your Philips Smart TV to pair the app.
3. Once the app is installed, open the Philips Smart TV App on your smartphone.
4. A four-digit code will now appear in the bottom left corner of your TV.
Note: If you don’t get the code, click on Settings → Connections on the app to pair your Philips TV with the app.
5. Enter the code on your Philips TV’s screen to pair the app.
6. Once paired, click on the Remote Control option on the app to control your Philips Smart TV.
Now, you can control or turn on your TV when it is off using the Philips Smart TV app. To do that, open the Philips Smart TV app and select Remote Control. Click on the power icon on the top to turn on your Philips Smart TV.
The Roku App
You must pair The Roku App with your Philips Roku TV to start using the app to control your TV. Before the pairing process, go to your Philips Roku TV Settings → System → Advanced system settings → Control by mobile apps → Network access and change the setting to Default.
You cannot pair The Roku App to your TV if the Network access setting is not changed to Default. Once you change this setting, follow the steps below.
2. Once you install the app, open the app and agree to the terms and conditions.
3. Tap the Devices option and click OK to allow the Roku App to find your TV.
4. If your TV and smartphone are on the same Wi-Fi network, the app will display your Philips TV.
5. Click on your Philips TV to pair your TV to The Roku App. Click on the Remote option to access the digital remote.
Once you pair the app with your TV, you can control or turn on your Philips Roku TV. To turn on the TV using The Roku App, open the app on your smartphone and click on the Devices section. Connect the app to your Philips Roku TV and click the Remote option. Press the power icon on the top right to turn on your TV.
Google TV App
If you use a Philips Android TV / Google TV, you can pair and use the Google TV App to turn on the Philips Smart TV. Just like all other apps, you must first pair the app to your TV.
2. Turn on your Philips Google TV / Android TV.
3. Open the Google TV app on your smartphone once the installation is complete.
4. Click on the Connect TV option and select your Philips TV.
5. Enter the pairing code on your Philips TV screen and click Pair.
6. Once the app is paired with your TV, click the TV Remote option to open the digital remote control.
Now, you use this digital remote to control or turn on your Philips TV. To turn on your TV, open the Google TV App on your mobile device and click on TV Remote. Now, click the power icon on the top tab to turn on or turn off your Philips Smart TV.
Using IR Remote Apps
If your Android smartphone has a built-in IR blaster, you can download apps like Universal Remote Control from the Play Store to turn on Philips Smart TV. Just like the other remote apps, you must pair this remote forehand to use it to control your Philips Smart TV.
Apart from turning on the TV, you can also control other basic functions like changing the volume, channels, inputs, and other controls of the smart TV on this remote app.
Is it Possible to Turn On Philips TV Using Voice Assistants?
Yes. You can use the dedicated voice command button on the Philips Android TV, Google TV, and Roku TV to turn on your TV. Press the voice commands button and say, “Turn on my TV.” Your TV responds to the voice command and turns on. However, you must have already set up Google Assistant on your Android / Google TV to use the voice commands to turn on your TV.
How to Fix Philips TV That Won’t Turn On
If your Philips Smart TV is not turning on, it might be due to a lost connection, a faulty power cord, drained batteries on the TV remote, and other reasons. You can use the troubleshooting below to fix the issue.
- Ensure that your TV is plugged into the power socket.
- Change the batteries on your Roku TV remote.
- Get closer to your TV and try turning it on using the remote.
- Remove obstacles from between the remote and the TV.
- Check for damage to the power cable and HDMI cable.
- Try plugging it into a different power outlet.
- Unplug the TV from the power source for a few minutes and plug it into the power source.
If none of the above troubleshooting helps you fix the issue, contact Philips TV Customer Support.
Yes. It is possible to turn on Philips Smart TV without a remote using the physical or remote apps on the smartphone.
If the Philips TV is turned on and you face a black screen issue, it might be due to a lost connection or a faulty HDMI cable.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.