- You can manually update all the apps on your LG Smart TV from the LG Content Store.
- Enable automatic app update on your LG TV’s Settings to update all the apps on your Smart TV automatically.
- Update the LG TV firmware to the latest version to update all the installed apps.
If you are an LG Smart TV user, you might know that the LG Content Store offers various apps to stream different types of content on your TV. However, if you want a reliable streaming experience from each app, it is necessary to update the apps on the LG TV often. Updating the apps to their latest versions will fix the bugs, remove the issues, and add new features and content to the app.
You can enable automatic app updates on Settings to update all apps on your LG TV automatically. Alternatively, you can manually update the apps of your LG TV from the LG Content Store. In the latest LG TV models, updating the LG TV to the latest firmware will also update the apps you have installed on your TV. In this user guide, you will learn all possible ways to update the apps on LG Smart TVs to the latest version.
How to Manually Update Apps on LG Smart TV
To update the apps manually on LG Smart TVs, you must use the LG Content Store app. Follow the steps below to know how it is done.
1. Power On your LG Smart TV and connect the TV to a strong WiFi connection.
2. Hit the Home button on your LG TV remote.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Scroll right and select the LG Content Store tile.
4. Look for the Apps tab on the menu bar and select it.
5. Select the Update All button at the top to update all the apps on your LG TV.
6. If you want to update a single app, select the app and tap Update on the app info screen.
How to Automatically Update Apps on LG Smart TV
All LG Smart TVs provide an option to update the apps installed on the TV automatically. You can enable this option from your LG TV Settings. Here is how to do it.
1. On your LG TV remote, press the Settings icon button.
2. Scroll down and select the option All Settings.
3. Tap the option General Settings and click About this TV.
4. Locate and tap the box near the option Allow Automatic Updates to enable it.
5. Now, the apps on your LG TV will automatically update when connected to an internet network.
Alternate Method: Update LG Smart TV to Update the Apps
If you have the latest LG TV models, you can update the apps by updating your LG Smart TV’s firmware to the latest version.
1. Connect the LG Smart TV to a strong WiFi network.
2. Press the Settings button on your LG TV remote and select the All Settings option from the side menu.
3. Click Support → Tap Software Update → Click Download and Install.
4. That’s it. The apps will be updated on your LG Smart TV.
How to Fix Apps Not Updating Issue on LG Smart TV
If you have trouble updating the apps on your LG Smart TV or if you can’t update the apps on your TV, refer to the troubleshooting steps below.
- Connect the LG Smart TV to a stable WiFi and try updating the app again.
- If you are facing issues while updating all the apps simultaneously, update the apps individually.
- Restart your LG TV and update the apps.
- Ensure to set the LG TV to your region.
- If none of the methods work, reset your LG Smart TV or uninstall and reinstall the app to get the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
To update the Netflix app on LG Smart TV, open the LG Content Store and search for Netflix. Click Update to update the app to the latest firmware.
If you have enabled the option Allow Automatic Updates on your LG TV settings, the apps will update automatically.
No. You cannot update the LG Content Store app on your LG Smart TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.