- To Auto-Update Apps on Samsung TV: Turn On your Samsung TV → Connect it to an internet connection → Apps → Settings → Auto Update → Enable the Auto Update.
- To Manually Update Apps on Samsung TV: Press the Home button → Apps → Click Update.
- To Update Apps on Older Samsung TVs: Press the Home button → Featured tile → Select the App → Enter button → Update Apps.
Are the apps on your Samsung Smart TV not working properly? This may happen due to temporary errors and bugs on the apps. You can fix this issue by updating the apps on your Samsung Smart TV. Updating the app on your TV will also allow you to enjoy the latest new features offered by the app. Luckily updating the apps on Samsung TV is easier than downloading the apps on Samsung TV.
You can update the apps on Samsung TV automatically and manually. Most modern Samsung TVs offer only the auto-update feature to get the apps on your TV. By following this article, you can learn how to update the apps on Samsung Smart TV from various models, including from 2012 – till now.
When Should I Update My Samsung TV Apps?
You can update the app on your TV if it is not working or loading properly, or else if you feel the app has too many bugs, software issues, or poor performance, you can update the app on your TV to fix these issues immediately.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Enable Auto-Update for Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Consume your time by enabling the auto-update option for the apps in your Smart TV. Here are the simple steps to turn the auto-update mode on.
1. Turn On your Samsung TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
2. Launch Apps from the home screen of your TV screen.
3. Click the Settings icon present at the top right corner.
4. You’ll find the Auto Update menu on your screen.
5. Enable the Auto Update option to allow the apps to update automatically.
6. Now, whenever a new update arrives on the app, it’ll update automatically on your Samsung TV.
How to Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV Manually
If your Samsung Smart TV doesn’t have the auto-update option or you want to update a particular app, you can manually update the app on your Smart TV.
1. Connect your Samsung TV to the WIFI and press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Locate and select the Apps section from the home page of your Samsung TV.
3. Navigate to the App you need to update on your Samsung TV.
4. Now, click the Update button to update the app manually on your Samsung Smart TV.
5. If the app shows an Open button instead of Update, then the app is already up to date.
How to Update Apps on Older Samsung Smart TV Models
You can also update the apps on older model TVs by connecting your TV to a stable internet connection.
1. Press the Smart Hub or Home button on your Smart remote.
2. Select the Featured tile from the menu.
3. Select the app you need to update and press the Enter button for a few seconds.
4. Select the Update Apps option from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Select All option and choose the Update option to get the latest version of all apps on your older Samsung TVs.
How to Identify the Outdated Apps on Samsung TV
You can identify outdated apps on your Samsung TV by navigating to the apps section. There, you can see a Blue Circle or White Arrow icon on the app’s logo. If you see either of these symbols on any app, it means the app is available for update.
How to Fix the Apps Not Updating on Samsung TV Issue
While updating the apps on your Samsung Smart TV, you may experience a long loading time, black or blurred screen issues, and many more. In this case, you can try the troubleshooting methods listed below to fix the issue.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Check your internet connection.
- Clear the cache on your Samsung TV.
- Check the device storage.
- Restart your Samsung TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can update the apps on your TV manually and automatically.
If your TV OS is not compatible with the app, you cannot update the app on your TV.
Yes, the apps on your TV will update automatically if you have enabled the auto-update feature.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.