- You cannot install the Kodi app on your Samsung TV.
- But you can screen mirror and AirPlay the content from your smartphone and PC to your Samsung TV.
Kodi is one of the top-rated media players, which allows you to stream local videos and popular channels by installing add-ons. If you are a Samsung TV user, we are sorry to inform you that the Kodi app is officially unavailable on the Smart Hub Store of the Samsung Smart TV. That doesn’t mean you can’t get the app on your TV.
You can stream the Kodi content by sharing content from your smartphone and PC with the help of AirPlay or Screen Mirroring on your Samsung TV. This guide will teach you all possible ways to get Kodi on all Samsung Smart models.
What are the Alternative Ways to Get Kodi on Samsung TV
Since the application is unavailable on the Smart Hub Store, installing the app on Samsung TV is not possible directly. Here, we have listed some alternative ways to get Kodi on Samsung TVs.
- Screen Mirror Kodi on Samsung TVs via Android
- AirPlay Kodi on Samsung TVs via iOS
- Screen Mirror Kodi on Samsung TVs via Windows PC
- AirPlay Kodi on Samsung TVs from Mac
- Screen Mirror Kodi on Samsung TVs via the SmartThings app
How to Screen Mirror Kodi on Samsung TV via Android Devices
1. Install the Kodi app from the Google Play Store on your device.
2. Connect your Samsung TV to WIFI and use the same connection on your Android device.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Now, launch the Kodi app on your smartphone and install the add-ons if needed.
4. Locate and select the content you need to play on your Samsung Smart TV.
5. Now, navigate to the Android phone’s Notification Panel and select the Screencast option.
6. Choose your Samsung TV from the available devices and tap the Allow option on your Samsung TV.
7. Now, play the content on the Kodi app to watch on your Samsung TV.
How to AirPlay Kodi on Samsung Smart TV from iOS
Before you begin to AirPlay the content on your TV, install the Kodi app on your iOS device. Since the Kodi app is unavailable on Apple’s App Store, you must jailbreak your iOS device to install the app. Also, enable the AirPlay feature on your Samsung TV to receive the content from your iOS device.
1. Use the same WIFI network for your iOS and Samsung TV.
2. Launch the Kodi app and play your favorite content.
3. Swipe down or up to open the Control Center of your iOS
4. Hit the Screen Mirroring icon and select your Tizen-powered Samsung TV from the available devices.
6. Once your iOS and Samsung TV have paired each other, you can start watching the Kodi content on your Samsung TV.
How to Screen Mirror Kodi on Samsung TV via Windows PC
1. Connect your Samsung TV and PC with the same WiFi Network.
2. Download and install the Kodi app on your PC by visiting its official website.
3. Now, launch the Kodi app and play your favorite content.
4. Press the Windows+K keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
5. Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of active devices.
6. Hit the Allow button on your Samsung TV from the pop-up.
7. Enjoy streaming the Kodi app on Samsung TV via Windows PC.
How to AirPlay Kodi from Mac to Samsung TV
1. Turn on your MacBook and Samsung Smart TV.
2. Ensure that both devices are connected to the same WIFI connection.
3. Now, download and install the Kodi app on your Mac.
4. Launch the application and play any content from the Kodi app.
5. Now, open the Control Center on your Mac and hit the AirPlay Display/Screen Mirroring icon from the list of options.
4. Choose your Samsung TV from the list of active devices.
5. Now, play content on the MacBook to stream on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Stream Kodi on Samsung TV via SmartThings App
1. Ensure your Samsung TV is turned On and connected with strong WiFi.
2. Now, use the same WiFi connection on your mobile device.
3. On your device, install the Kodi app from Google Play Store and add the media.
4. Navigate to the SmartThings app and pair the TV with the SmartThings app.
5. Select your Samsung TV from the app’s home screen and tap the three-dotted icon at the top right.
6. Select Mirror Screen (Screen Mirror) from the drop menu.
5. Select your Samsung TV name from the list of compatible devices.
6. Once the TV starts mirroring your phone, open the Kodi and play your desired content to stream on your Samsung Smart TV.
Is it Possible to Get Kodi on Samsung TV using Streaming Devices?
Yes, you can get Kodi on Samsung TVs using a streaming device. Stream devices are the best way to put the Kodi app on any TV which has HDMI support. By using streaming devices, you can convert your normal TVs into a smart TV. Most of the streaming devices are compatible with the Kodi app. By connecting those streaming devices to the HDMI Port of the Samsung TV, you can stream the Kodi content on your Samsung TV without any hassle. Some of the popular streaming devices that are compatible with the Kodi app are listed below.
- Google TV with Chromecast
- Android TV boxes
- TiVo Stream 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot get Kodi on Samsung TV via Samsung TV Plus.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.