- You can download the Plex app on LG Smart TV from the LG Content Store.
- Once you install Plex, you must activate the app on your TV from their activation website.
- Alternatively, you can use the browser on LG TV or use the Cast or AirPlay function to stream Plex content on LG TV.
Plex is a streaming service and a client-server platform in which you can stream live TV channels and on-demand content. It also allows users to access the media files across devices with the same Plex account. You can install the Plex app on your LG TV from the LG Content Store. Alternatively, you can use the built-in web browser from Plex’s official website to watch Plex content on your TV. All content on the Plex is free to stream with ads. However, they also offer premium subscription plans, which unlock features to enhance your streaming experience.
How to Get Plex on LG Smart TV [webOS]
1. Turn On and connect the LG Smart TV to a stable WiFi.
2. Hit the Home button on the TV remote and open LG Content Store.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Select the Magnifying icon in the top right.
4. Enter Plex using the on-screen virtual keyboard and search for the app.
5. Pick the Plex app from the search results.
6. Choose the Install button to download the app.
7. Once installed, hit Launch to open the Plex app on your TV.
How to Activate and Watch Plex on LG Smart TV
1. Once you launch the Plex app, select Sign In.
2. You will see a 4-digit activation code on the TV screen.
3. Launch a browser on your Smartphone/PC and visit the Plex activation page (https://plex.tv/link)
4. Log in to your Plex account if you haven’t.
5. Enter the 4-digit code, and click Submit.
6. After the code is verified, the TV screen refreshes, and you can access the Plex content on your TV.
How to Watch Plex on LG Smart TV Via Web Browser
1. Launch the default Web Browser on LG Smart TV.
2. On the Search bar, enter the official website URL of Plex (www.plex.tv).
3. Click Sign In.
4. Enter the username & password of your Plex account.
5. Tap Sign In and watch your favorite movies, TV series, etc., on a big screen.
How to Cast or AirPlay Plex on LG Smart TV
If you can’t install the app, you can cast the Plex videos on your TV from your Android Phone or iPhone. iOS users must enable the AirPlay option on LG Smart TV before following the steps below.
1. Connect your Smartphone and LG TV to the same WiFi.
3. Log In to your Plex account using the required details.
4. Select any content to play.
5. Tap the Cast icon or AirPlay icon at the top-left.
6. From the pop-up menu, locate and tap the name of your LG Smart TV.
7. That’s it. Now, the video playing on the Plex app will appear on your Smart TV.
How to Fix Plex Not Working on LG Smart TV
If you have installed Plex and it isn’t working on your TV, it might be because of certain technical issues, like a black screen, etc. To fix it, refer to the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
- Check the Internet speed – If the Plex app doesn’t receive the required Internet speed (50 Mbps), it can’t be able to stream the content. Check with the ISP to fix the issue.
- Back-end server issues – When there is a technical glitch in the Plex Server, you might not be able to access it. Contact Plex Customer Support to fix the issue.
- Restart Plex – If you find the content frozen in the middle, restart the app on your TV.
- Restart LG TV – Restarting your LG Smart TV can also fix minor issues on the app.
- Update Plex – If Plex isn’t compatible, update the app on your LG TV to the latest version to fix it.
- Update LG TV – If updating the app didn’t fix the issue, update your LG Smart TV to the latest firmware version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can install Plex on LG Smart TV from the LG Content Store.
You can install and use Plex for free with certain limitations. To access more Plex features, you need to subscribe to the premium plan.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.