Spotify is the best and most-used audio streaming platform in the world. On Spotify, you can listen to more than 70 million songs and podcasts. In the Google Play Store, Spotify has separate apps for both smartphones and TVs. On your Android TV, you can install the Spotify app and listen to all the songs & podcasts.
How to Install Spotify on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to an internet connection.
2. Go to the Apps section and choose the Google Play Store application.
3. Select the Search icon.
4. In the Search Bar, type Spotify and search for it.
5. Choose the Spotify app from the search result.
6. Select the Install tab to install the application on your TV.
How to Activate Spotify on Android TV
1. Open the Spotify app on your Android TV. You will get the login screen.
2. There are three ways to sign in to Spotify.
- You can directly sign in to the app using your Spotify account.
- You can use your smartphone to link the account.
- Or, you can use the Spotify activation website.
3. Out of these three, an activation website is the easiest way. Click the Log In With Code button on the login screen.
4. You will get the activation code. Note down the code.
5. On your PC, go to the Spotify activation website (https://accounts.spotify.com/en/pair) and sign in with your account.
6. Then, enter the activation code and click the Next button.
7. The Spotify app on your Android TV will be activated.
8. After that, you can listen to all the songs and podcasts on your Android TV.
Note: If you wish to exit Spotify Premium, you can cancel the Spotify Premium on your Android device.
How to Use Spotify on Android TV
1. After the activation, you will get the Spotify home screen.
2. On the Home screen, you will get five icons.
Home Icon: Clicking this icon will give you the home screen with personalized recommendations and recently played songs.
Search Icon: Click this icon to search for a song, playlist, or artist.
Album Icon: If you want to listen to your favorite albums or artists, click the Album icon.
Settings Icon: Here, you can change the audio and other profile settings of your Spotify account.
Stats Icon: Clicking the Stats icon will list your Spotify history and other related stuff.
3. When you play a song, you will get the playback screen with the audio controls buttons.
4. Click the Heart icon to add the song to your Favorites list.
5. If you want to hide the lyrics, click the Hide Lyrics button. To show the lyrics, click the same button.
6. Double-tap the Back button on the TV remote to close the Spotify app.
How to Listen to Spotify on Android TV Using Spotify Connect
In the Spotify app for smartphones, you have the Spotify Connect feature. Using the feature, you can cast the Spotify app to any Chromecast device or Chromecast-compatible TV.
1. Connect your Android TV and smartphone or tablet (Android) to a WiFi network.
2. Open the Spotify application. If you don’t have the app, install it from the Play Store.
3. Log in to your Spotify account.
4. Now, open Spotify on your mobile.
5. Play a song you want.
6. Tap on the Spotify Connect icon (Devices Available icon) option at the bottom of your screen.
7. A list of the available devices will display on your screen.
8. Select your Android TV.
9. The selected music will play on your Android TV.
Using the above steps, you can access the Spotify app on any Android TV model. Check out our guide on how to install Spotify on Philips Android TV.
Yes, in the latest models of TCL Android TV, you can install the Spotify app from the Play Store.
No, the PiP feature on the Spotify app is not available for Android TVs.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get Intelius Free Trial for 5-7 Days
- How to Take Screenshot on LG Smart TV
- How to Get 14-Day Free Trial on Zwift
- How to Install Eurosport Player Kodi Addon
- IPTV Plus – Stream 11000+ Channels & 30000+ VOD Content at €18.99
- How to Get and Access Kodi on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Watch MLB 2023 on PS5
- FreeFlix HQ for Windows [11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP] – Installation Guide
- What is Samsung TV Plus?
- How to Install BubbleUPnP License App