- Stremio is not available on the Roku Channel Store.
- Alternatively, you can screen mirror the content on your Roku TV by installing the app on your Smartphone from the Play Store or App Store.
- You can also install the Stremio app on your PC from its official website and use the screen mirroring method to watch the Stremio content on Roku.
Stremio is a free video streaming platform that allows you to watch and organize media from different streaming services. It lets you stream movies, TV shows, live TV channels, live sports, and more by installing add-ons. Though the Stremio is an official app, it is not listed on the Channel Store. You have to screen mirror the Stremio app content on Roku using your smartphones and PCs.
In this article, you will learn all possible ways to use Stremio on Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Stermio on Roku from Android and Windows
To screen mirror on your Roku device from the Android Smartphone and Windows PC, you need to enable the screen Mirroring Mode on Roku. (Go to Settings → System → Screen Mirroring → Screen mirroring mode → Always Allow or Prompt)
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Using Android Phone
2. Log in to your account or sign in as a guest user.
3. Connect the Android Phone and Roku to the same WiFi.
4. Swipe down from the top and go to the Notification Panel.
5. Tap the Cast icon and select the name of your Roku device to mirror the Android screen.
6. Once the connection is established, launch the app and play any video from the Stremio addon to watch it on your Roku TV.
Using Windows PC
1. First, connect the PC and the Roku device to the same WiFi.
3. Once installed, press the keys Windows + K at the same time.
4. From the Connect menu, choose the name of your Roku device. Now, the Windows PC screen will be mirrored on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
5. Choose any content to play on the Stremio app and watch it on your Roku.
How to Screen Mirror Stremio on Roku from iPhone and Mac
If you use an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, make sure to turn on the AirPlay option on Roku. (Go to Settings → Apple AirPlay and Homekit → AirPlay → Turn it ON)
Using an iPhone
2. Then, connect the iOS device and Roku to the same WiFi.
3. Navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
4. Hit the Screen Mirroring icon and tap your Roku device name on the pop-up menu.
5. Once the iOS screen is mirrored, launch the Stremio app and log in to your account.
6. Play any content on the app and view it on your Roku TV.
2. Tap the Control Center icon in the menu bar and tap Screen Mirroring.
3. From the list of devices, select the name of your Roku device to mirror the Mac screen.
4. Once mirrored, play a video on the Stremio app and stream it on your Roku-connected TV or Roku TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Plex is the best alternative to Stremio. You can download Plex on Roku from the Roku Channel Store.
Yes, Stremio is legal and safe to use. However, some add-ons on Stremio are illegal and offer copyrighted videos. So, make sure to use a VPN service while accessing the Stremio third-party add-ons on Roku.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.