In recent years, the popularity of microservices has been noticeable. With the growing demand to meet non-functional requirements such as performance, fault tolerance, and scalability, it was a natural step to observe and even experience first-hand the various success stories that involved either the migration of monoliths to microservices-based architectures or their adoption from the earliest stages of projects. Also, in this article, we will talk about microservices software development and the areas of its use.
What are microservices?
Microservices consist of software development frameworks and a set of services that can run continuously. This can be done with different programming languages and this method has many uses.
The creation of microservices architecture has gained more popularity over time because such application development increases their productivity, efficiency, as well as stability, and in addition, such projects are kept in constant development.
Where and how to use microservices software development
Due to its specific characteristics, microservices software development can be used in various fields due to the fact that microservices software development meets the compatibility of a wide range of platforms that exist to offer the corresponding functions according to the microservice architecture method, in which they are independent of each other because they have a certain code.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Among the platforms that these apps apply to are loT; there are also web pages, including mobile and portable platforms, among others. This is to ensure it works on any device used by the generated systems.
Microservices software development can be delivered over HTTP depending on how the service is run, but each microservice has a specific scope to run in, which must be in a different programming language than the other microservices. It can vary in size, as well as in the subdivisions it can represent in applications.
What can microservices be?
Microservices may not have a standard form, so they may be difficult to identify properly, but they have details and characteristics that make them easy to understand or identify. This application development method presents a tool with several independent services that can be separated or fragmented as needed.
That’s why they have a base made up of small parts to increase or decrease the tools when necessary, and the link from one server to another is an advantage that the developer must choose since it depends on the adaptation available for these applications.
The developers of these programs are the ones who can choose the integration methods that will be applied, following each protocol to create a software or program, so it depends on each of the skills that we can present at that time to adapt the program.
What types of projects is this approach suitable for?
Even though a microservices-based approach offers a number of advantages, it is still not suitable for every type of business or project.
Therefore, in order for such an approach to be appropriate, it is necessary to know:
● you want to develop complex solutions (for example, large monolithic applications, complex software solutions, migration and upgrading of legacy systems);
● you work with a dedicated team to have a dynamic and flexible development process;
● you have the necessary resources for this approach and the ability to manage it: you can deploy new applications quickly, you can quickly identify problems and bottlenecks as they arise, you use DevOps culture and practices, you have high-performing test and maintenance teams capable of support functional services (adding new functionality, solving database errors and connection problems, etc.).
Examples of microservices that each of us knows
Microservices software development is used due to the great advantage of service and, above all, its stability because in this way, it is much easier and also faster to achieve the goal with greater efficiency according to the set goals.
With the development of technology, you can see how many platforms are adopting microservices due to their benefits and that it is constantly evolving and evolving. That is why some of the companies that provide these services are presented below:
● It is known that this is a platform that has a generalized architecture;
● Has microservices for the proper functioning of the products it offers;
● It is characterized by the presentation of a large number of appeals to its wide range of services;
● This platform alone accounts for about 30% of network traffic;
● Provides an opportunity to achieve adaptation of more than 800 types of devices;
● Its communication work is done through the streaming API of various videos;
● It offers a service with good stability, which is its main advantage;
● It attempts to maintain the continuity of its transmission service;
● Makes different requests to different servers.
● It is a platform that has a microservice architecture;
● Unlike Netflix, it doesn’t have the ability to support a large number of devices;
● A large number of requests are processed every day;
● It has a wide range of applications;
● Providing a web service via an API.
● It was eBay that began to adapt technologies, as in the case of Docker;
● The aim is for the various services to be autonomous;
● Each service they present is performed according to its respective size;
● It has services that can be offered to customers, which are used according to a certain logic of each.
Advantages of microservice architecture
When a web platform uses a microservices architecture, it typically has the following benefits:
● Easily resolve each problem or issue presented by contacting each small service involved in the specific situation.
● To mitigate General or global service failures, when one microservice fails, it does not affect the others because they are completely independent.
● Make it easy to launch and enable full or specific functionality or services, as each microservice can be added or removed and updated individually and incrementally.
● Better access to applications or services created by all types of devices and platforms.
● The universality of the platform is amazing because microservices can be distributed on different servers and can be written in different languages.
It’s clear that Microservices are contributing a lot to modern web software development at companies like Digiteum, but they also mean a lot of new challenges to solve. Questions that are not only related to learning about structure and how to work efficiently but also how these new developments are completed and implemented in IT departments, which are ultimately the ones that bring them online and manage them, and have the right to vote in the final decisions regarding each development. But this architecture remained here for a long time.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.