Telegram user can delete their account whenever they want by using their mobile app or web browser. After deleting the Telegram account permanently, you won’t be able to retrieve or access any messages and contacts in your Telegram app. However, the channels and groups that you created will function normally. The secondary admins will take the privilege of maintaining the group or channel.
How to Export Telegram Data
Since there is no option for temporary deactivation on Telegram, you have to back up all your data before deletion (if needed). It is possible on the desktop clients of Telegram.
#1. Launch the Telegram app on Windows or Mac.
#2. Login to your account by following the on-screen prompts.
#3. Tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the app.
#4. Choose Settings.
#5. Select the Advanced section.
#6. Scroll down to select Export Telegram Data.
#7. Select the data that you want and click on the Export option.
Note: If you don’t want to use Instagram permanently, you can delete your Instagram account.
How to Delete Your Telegram Account Permanently Using Mobile App
1. Launch the Telegram app on your mobile (Android or iPhone).
2. Go to the Settings page.
- Android – Click the hamburger icon on the top left corner and choose Settings.
- iPhone – Choose the Settings option on the bottom right corner.
3. Select Privacy and Security.
4. Scroll down to the AUTOMATICALLY DELETE MY ACCOUNT section.
5. Select the If Away For option and choose 1 Month.
6. Now, uninstall the Telegram app to stop using it for one month.
7. Upon completing one month, the Telegram account will be deleted permanently.
FYI: Telegram launched its premium service called Telegram Premium.
How to Delete Your Telegram Account Instantly
You can also delete your Telegram account immediately instead of waiting for one month. However, it is possible only on the web version.
1. Launch a browser and visit https://my.telegram.org.
2. Enter Your Phone Number in the required field and then choose Next.
3. Now, you will receive a verification code on the Telegram mobile app.
4. Enter the code on the Telegram website and tap on the Sign In button.
6. On the next screen, click the Delete Account link.
7. Enter Your Phone Number and enter a reason for leaving the platform. Choose the Delete My Account option.
8. Click on the Yes, Delete My Account option to confirm your deletion.
You can delete a Telegram channel or group only when you’re the admin of the selected channel or group. The deletion steps vary depending on the device you own.
1. Open the channel or group you want.
2. Tap on the channel or group name.
3. Click on the more option.
4. Select Delete Group or Delete Channel.
5. Confirm your deletion.
1. Open the channel or group that you want to delete.
2. Tap on the profile picture and select the edit icon.
3. Scroll down to choose Delete Channel or Delete Group.
4. On the next screen, confirm your deletion.
Launch the app and set the automatic deletion after 1 month to delete an account without a confirmation code. After setting up the automatic deletion, you have to stop using the application for 30 days.
- How to Sign Up for a Roblox Account
- How to Delete Your Taimi Account [2 Ways]
- How to Reset DoorDash Password [2 Ways]
- How to Delete Your TikTok Account
- How to Permanently Delete Your Lyft Account [App & Web]
- How to Permanently Delete Your iFunny Account
- How to Change Your Snapchat Password
- How to Sign Up for WhatsApp Account
- How to Delete Your WhatsApp Account Permanently
- How to Reset Your Pinterest Password