Twitter is one of the most useful social platforms to share useful information happening in and around the world. You can see what is happening and get up-to-date information about almost anything. Discover your interests like sports, news, politics, entertainment, etc, and see what people are talking about. You may find news headlines, fun stories, topics, and hashtags that are trending with a Twitter account. In addition to this, you can tweet, retweet, like, share, and reply to any tweets in your timeline. While it is used as a news and social networking service, there is no wonder if you wanted to delete your microblogging account. Let the reason be anything, you can delete Twitter account from anywhere by following the guidelines given in this article.
Things to know before deleting your Twitter account
You must know the following things just before deactivating your Twitter account.
- If you want to change your email address or username, then don’t delete your Twitter account.
- On deleting your Twitter account, your display name, public profile, and the username will not be visible on Twitter.
- You can still restore your Twitter account within 30 days of deactivating it.
- Twitter allows users to make the username or email available for re-use just before deleting the account.
You may also like: How to Download YouTube Videos on Android?
How to delete Twitter account
Whether you are using Twitter on Android, iOS, or PC, the steps to delete your Twitter account is the same. So the steps given below can be followed irrespective of the platform you are using Twitter.
- An active internet connection
- Twitter App installed on Android and iOS device
- Twitter account
You may also like: How to Download Instagram Videos?
Steps to delete Twitter account
Note: Deleting your Twitter account will not resolve any account-related issues. For instance, incorrect followers, suspicious Direct Messages, missing Tweets, etc.
#1. Open the Twitter app on your Android or iOS device firstly. If in case of PC, then, login to Twitter from https://twitter.com. Then click on the “More” icon below the user profile.
#2. Click on Settings and Privacy option from the “More” option.
#3. Click on the Account tab to choose Deactivate your account from the bottom of the screen.
#4. Now, read the account deactivation information and click on the Deactivate Your Account.
#5. When prompted, you should enter your Twitter account password to confirm deleting the Twitter account.
#6. Finally, click on the Deactivate account button. When prompted, tap on Yes to proceed with deleting your Twitter account.
Related: How to Delete Instagram Account?
Try this to re-use your username or email
#1. Visit twitter.com on your PC and log in to your Twitter account.
#2. Secondly, click on Settings and Privacy option from the profile icon.
#3. Now, choose a new username in the username field.
#4. Type in the new email address on the email address field.
#5. Make a tap on Save Changes option from the bottom of the page.
#6. Provide your password to confirm the action.
#7. You must confirm the new email address by opening the link that Twitter sends to your new email address.
#8. With this, you can use the new username and email on a new account within 30 days of deleting your Twitter account.
You may also like: How to Save GIF from Twitter to Phone & PC?
To sum up
It is that simple to delete Twitter account from any of the supported devices. It guidelines work for you if you wanted to delete your existing Twitter account to create a new one or deleting it permanently for other reasons. However, if you change your mind to use Twitter back within 30-days of deactivation, then it is possible provided you have chosen to reuse your username or email at any time later.
Thank you for visiting techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail