- You can update the WhatsApp Messenger app on your smartphone or PC from the respective App Store.
- From Android: Go to Google Play Store → Click the Profile icon → Tap Manage Apps & Device option → Choose WhatsApp → Click the Update button.
- From iPhone: Open the App Store → Tap the Profile icon → Click the Updates option → Click the Update button next to WhatsApp.
- From Windows PC: Open Microsoft Store → Click the Library Option → Click the Update button next to WhatsApp.
- From Mac: Open App Store → Click Updates → Choose WhatsApp → Tap the Update button.
WhatsApp Messenger is one such app where you will get frequent updates. As of now (6th September 2023), the latest version available for the WhatsApp app is 22.214.171.124 (for Android) and 23.17.78 (for iPhone). If you are using the older version, you need to update the app.
With the new update, you will get two new features. You can send high-resolution images directly from the Chat screen. And you can present your screen on WhatsApp to other members. Apart from these, some of the notable features in WhatsApp are Payments, Short Video Messages, and Creating Poll.
In this guide, you will learn how to update WhatsApp Messenger on your smartphone and PC.
How to Check WhatsApp Messenger Version
Before getting into the steps, make sure that you need to update the app. Check the current WhatsApp version number and compare it with the latest version. If both are the same, you don’t need to update the app. If not, update the app using this guide.
1. Open the WhatsApp app on any of our devices.
2. Hit the Settings icon and tap on Help.
3. Click on the App Info option and now you are able to see the exact version of your WhatsApp app.
How to Update WhatsApp Messenger on Android Smartphones
1. Unlock your Android smartphone and navigate to the Google Play Store.
2. Tap on the Profile icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Click on the Manage Apps & Device option and tap Update.
4. Hit the WhatsApp app. Then, tap on the Update option.
5. Wait for the WhatsApp app to update your Samsung or any other Android smartphone. Start exploring the new features of the app.
How to Upgrade WhatsApp on iPhone
1. Unlock your iPhone screen and head over to the App Store.
2. Click on your Profile picture and hit the Updates option.
3. Tap on the Update option near the WhatsApp app.
4. Wait for the completion of the update. Then, start using the updated version of WhatsApp on your iPhone.
You can use the same steps to update the WhatsApp Business app, too.
How to Update WhatsApp on Windows PC
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Store on your PC.
2. Tap on the Library option at the bottom of the screen.
3. Head over to the WhatsApp Desktop and click on the Update option to install the updated version of WhatsApp.
How to Update WhatsApp Messenger on Mac
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Click the Updates button on the Sidebar.
3. You will get a list of the app that needs to be updated. Click the Update button next to the WhatsApp app.
4. If you want, you can click the Update All button to update all the apps at once on your MacBook.
How to Automatically Update WhatsApp on Your Smartphone & PC
In smartphones and PCs, you can enable the Auto-Update apps feature to upgrade the app automatically. With this, the WhatsApp app on your device will be updated automatically.
1. Head over to the Android home screen and hit the Play Store app.
2. Tap on Settings and hit the Network Preferences option.
3. Click on the Auto Update Apps option.
4. Choose the Over Wi-Fi only option to update apps automatically when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
5. Choose the Over any network to update apps automatically using mobile data.
1. Head over to the iPhone home screen and hit the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down and choose the App Store option.
3. Turn on the App Updates toggle to update apps automatically on your iPhone.
The steps we are going to discuss are based on the latest version of Windows. If you are using the older version, update your Windows PC to its latest version.
1. Open the Microsoft Store on your PC.
2. Select the Profile icon and choose the Settings option.
3. On the Settings menu, turn on the App Updates toggle. This will update the apps on your PC automatically.
1. Open the App Store on your Mac.
2. Now, click the App Store button on the top and tap on the Preferences option.
3. Tick the Automatic Update checkbox to update apps automatically on your iMac or MacBook.
Frequently Asked Questions
When a new update is available on the WhatsApp Web for PCs, you will get a notification pop-up. Click the Update WhatsApp Web button to update the web platform.
The Beta Program is available only for Android smartphones. Go to the WhatsApp installation page on the Play Store and click the Join button under Beta Programme. However, WhatsApp is not accepting any new users.
You can use APK websites to get WhatsApp GB or to update it without using the Play Store. But, we don’t recommend this method as it may affect your smartphone’s software.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Clear Cache on Android Devices [All Possible Ways]
- How to Access Microsoft Teams on Apple TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Amazon Fire Tablet
- Crystal IPTV: Stream 120,000+ TV Channels and 15,4000 VODs at €9
- 4 Ways to Know If Someone Blocked You On WhatsApp
- How to Get 14-Day Free Trial on Ancestry
- How to Install and Stream Viki on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Connect Hisense Smart TV to WiFi Without Remote
- How to Setup & Use Emby on Linux
- IPTV Player Latino: Stream 140+ Live TV Channels for Free