Recently, WhatsApp has developed an immensely useful feature with which you can connect with your family and friends when there is an internet shutdown, blockage, or restrictions in your region or country. For instance, in nations like China, North Korea, UAE, Iran, Ukraine, etc. WhatsApp is either banned, or its usage has been limited due to political unrest. In such cases of emergency and crisis, you can use the proxy servers in WhatsApp and contact your loved ones.
How to Enable WhatsApp Proxy on Smartphone
 Update your Android smartphone or iPhone and WhatsApp to their latest software versions.
 Go to the Settings menu.
- For Android: Click the three dots icon on the top right corner of the WhatsApp Chats screen to navigate to Settings.
- For iPhone: Tap the Settings tab from the bottom right corner of the WhatsApp Chats page.
 Then, select the Storage and Data option.
 Under the Network settings, click the Proxy option.
 Turn on the Use Proxy toggle.
 Now, enter the proxy address in the specified area.
 Click Save to establish a successful connection.
 Now, your WhatsApp account will be connected to the proxy address.
If you want to use your own proxy address on WhatsApp, you can check the GitHub repository. The download and upload speeds will greatly differ based on the proxy address. With that, it might take a longer time to send and receive messages on WhatsApp. While using proxy servers, make sure that the address is a legit one. End-to-end encryption may be compromised when using proxies. So, use the proxy feature only if needed. Otherwise, use WhatsApp with your standard internet connection.
No, proxy servers can only be used on mobile versions. The WhatsApp Web for PC is yet to have this feature.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install & Activate Apple TV+ on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get TNT on Samsung Smart TV