How to Install and Watch IPTV on LG Smart TV
IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television, is a service that uses TCP/IP protocol suites to provide live TV channel and VOD content. It primarily uses IGMP (Internet Group Management Protocol) for live TV broadcasts and RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) for on-demand videos. Unlike traditional cable services, the media will be stored on the transmission end of the server. Hence, users can access their favorite media anytime. IPTV services are affordable compared to the premium streaming services like Netflix. You can directly install the IPTV app from the LG Content Store on LG Smart TV.
Before installing any IPTV app, ensure to have an active subscription to an IPTV service provider. Then, make sure to connect and set up a VPN on your device. To watch your service provider’s content, you need an IPTV Player. There are plenty of IPTV players available in the LG Content Store. We have used Smart IPTV to explain the installation procedure in this guide.
What is Smart IPTV?
Smart IPTV is a premium IPTV player available to download on LG Content Store. This application does not include any content. The users must add the M3U link or playlists file of an IPTV provider to stream content on this app. The users can also add the EPG guide of the provider. This IPTV is legal and supports all IPTV providers with the M3U link or file.
How to Download IPTV on LG Smart TV
1. Turn ON your LG Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Open LG Content Store and click on the Search icon at the top.
3. Search for the Smart IPTV.
4. Select the Smart IPTV app from the search results.
5. Select Install to start the installation process.
6. Within a few minutes, the IPTV app will be installed on your TV.
How to Activate Smart IPTV on LG Smart TV
1. Open the Smart IPTV app and note down the MAC address displayed on your TV screen.
2. Visit the website siptv.app/about/ on your mobile/PC browser.
3. Click on the Activation tab and enter your MAC address in the field.
4. Select the Pay with PayPal button and make a payment.
NOTE: You need to pay €5.49 for lifetime access to Smart IPTV.
5. Next, click on the My List tab.
6. Enter the MAC address displayed on the TV and the subscription M3U URL you received from the IPTV provider.
7. Wait until you receive the pop-up stating, “1 URL added! Restart your App.”
8. Now, refresh the app on LG Smart TV.
9. Wait for a few seconds to load all the IPTV channels.
10. That’s it. Enjoy streaming your favorite IPTV channels on your LG TV.
Alternate Method to Stream IPTV on LG Smart TV
Alternatively, you can cast IPTV videos on LG Smart TV using your smartphone. To do it, make sure to fulfill the requirements below.
- First, connect a Chromecast device to your LG Smart TV and follow the on-screen instructions to set up the device with your TV.
- Connect the smartphone (Android/iOS) and Chromecast-connected LG TV to the same WiFi.
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone and install the IPTV Smarters Player app. Android users need to download and install the IPTV Smarters APK file from an APK website.
2. After installing the app, open it and hit the Add User button on the app interface.
3. Select the option Load Your Playlist or File/URL or Login with Xtream Codes API and add the required credentials offered by your IPTV Provider.
4. Once the content is loaded, play your desired TV channel or movie.
5. Tap the Cast icon at the top and select your LG TV device from the pop-up menu.
6. Now, enjoy streaming the video on your LG Smart TV.
How to Fix IPTV Not Working on LG Smart TV
In some situations, the IPTV app doesn’t work properly on LG Smart TV and displays a loading screen or black screen. These problems are common and can be easily fixed by the methods listed below.
- Check whether you have added the M3U link correctly.
- Uninstall and reinstall the IPTV app.
- Restart your LG Smart TV to fix the IPTV not working issue.
- Try installing other IPTV players.
- Update LG TV.
- Update the app on LG Smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can download any IPTV app from the LG Content Store on LG TV.
You need to pay a one-time fee of €5.49 to add the playlist link on Smart IPTV.
Smart IPTV, IPTV Smarters, GSE Smart IPTV, and Ott Player are the best IPTV players for LG TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch IPTV on PS5 [Possible Ways]
- How to Watch F1 TV [Formula 1 2023] on Chromecast
- How to Watch F1 on Roku [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 Race on Firestick [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Watch F1 on Samsung Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 on Hisense Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Activate ABC on Roku, Apple TV, and Smart TV
- How to Get MTV on Apple TV