- You can install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.
- Install the app: Open Google Play Store → Search for Downloader app → Select the app → Tap Install.
As the Downloader app is available on the Google Play Store, you can directly install the app on your Android TV. To access this app, you need to enable the necessary permissions on your Android TV settings.
Downloader is one of the best applications meant for sideloading the app when you are unable to find apps on the Google Play Store. You can sideload any apps using Downloader through the APK file.
In this article, we will help you know how to install and access the Downloader app on your Android TV to sideload your desired apps.
How to Get Downloader on Android TV/Android TV Box
1. Navigate to the Android TV home screen and open the Google Play store.
2. Tap on the Search bar and search for the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Downloader app and tap on Install to get the app.
5. After the installation, click on the Open option to launch the app.
6. On opening the app, tap on Allow to allow Downloader to access photos, media, and files on your device.
7. Click on the OK option by reading the Quick Start Guide.
How to Enable Install Unknown Apps for Downloader
To sideload any of the apps on Downloader, tweak the following settings on your Android TV.
1. Head over to the Android TV home screen and hit Settings.
2. Tap on Device Preferences and hit Security & Restrictions.
3. Click on Install unknown apps and turn it on for Downloader.
How to Use Downloader to Sideload APK on Android TV
You will need to download the browser plugin to enable the downloader features on your TV device.
1. Launch the Downloader app and type browser.aftvnews.com on the URL box. Click Go.
2. Tap Install to install the Downloader Browser Plugin to browse the web pages inside the Downloader app.
3. Click on the Done option to browse any of the web pages on the Downloader app.
4. Now, a pop-up will appear. Click the Settings option to enable the Install unknown apps toggle. Click the Cancel button if you have already enabled it.
5. Enter the APK Link of your desired app on the URL field and tap Go.
6. After downloading the app, a pop-up message will appear. Click on Install to download the app on Android TV and hit Done after installation.
7. It is highly recommended to delete the APK file after installing the app to save up space on your device. Click on Delete to delete the APK file of the app and hit Delete again for confirmation. If you want to store the APK file, just click Done.
8. Then, open the sideloaded app and access it on your TV.
How to Fix Downloader Not Working on Android TV Box
If the Downloader app stops working on Android TV, you may find it difficult to sideload the app. Follow these troubleshooting tricks to overcome the issue.
- Make sure to connect your Android TV device to a stable internet connection.
- Update the Downloader app on your TV from the Play Store.
- Restart your Android TV for better performance.
- Clear the cache on your Android TV and the app.
- Try to force-stop the Downloader app to clear all the data.
- Update your Android TV to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV if none of the troubleshooting tips work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can get the Downloader app for free to sideload the apps on your Android TV or Google TV.
Yes, the app is available on the Play Store. A few weeks ago, the Downloader app was removed from the Play Store. But, after a week, the app was later added again.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Tag Someone on Facebook [App & Website]
- How to Add and Watch Freeview on Apple TV
- How to Chromecast DAZN on TV
- Possible Ways to Get Tinder Gold For Free
- How to Hide Snapchat Score 
- 600+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URLs [Updated October 2023]
- How to Install and Watch IPTV on Hisense Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung Smart TV Remote Not Working Issues
- How to Cancel Anytime Fitness Membership
- How to Get Adobe Photoshop 7-Day Free Trial