WhatsApp is a popular and widely used communication tool. It is a freeware, cross-platform centralized instant messaging and voice-over-IP service. If you want your WhatsApp video on a larger screen, then it can be screen mirrored to Apple TV either from iPhone/ iPad or Android. In addition, you shall AirPlay the web version from the Mac PC. You can also screen mirror the shared videos or calls from your WhatsApp to your Apple TV. The procedure is more similar to screen mirroring Telegram on Apple TV.
Features of WhatsApp
WhatsApp is coming up with more and more new features with time to take the user’s chatting experience to the next level.
- You can message your friends and family one-on-one or via group chat for free using WhatsApp.
- With Whatsapp, you can make unlimited voice and video calls over the internet.
- Since it uses an internet connection for messaging and calling, you do not need to pay any SMS charges other than data charges.
- Through WhatsApp, you can create a group with up to 256 members and can initiate a group chat with all group members.
- In a WhatsApp group, you can send and receive text messages, photos, videos, audio, files, etc., with all contacts in the group at once.
- WhatsApp messages and calls are end-to-end encrypted.
- It has an in-built camera and voice recording feature.
- Photos & videos captured through an inbuilt WhatsApp camera require low data for transmission.
- You can share PDFs and documents up to the maximum size of 100 MB on WhatsApp.
- It is possible to watch YouTube videos right from WhatsApp through links.
How to Screen Mirror WhatsApp to Apple TV from iPhone
You can view WhatsApp on Apple TV upon Screen Mirroring the iOS device. From the basic model to the current generation, all the Apple TV versions have an in-built screen mirroring feature. You can use the feature to screen mirror almost everything from WhatsApp to your Apple TV from your iPhone/iPad.
1) Connect the Apple TV to WIFI and use the same internet connection on your iPhone/iPad. Ensure the internet connection is stable.
2) On your iPhone, open the Control Center,
- For iPhone (iPhone X or later) or iPad (iOS 12 or later), swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- For iPhone 8 or earlier/ iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
3) Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center.
4) Your iPhone with try to reach out to the nearby available device within a few seconds. When your iPhone detects your Apple TV, just tap on the name to connect to your Apple TV.
5) Now, your entire iPhone screen will get displayed on your Apple TV.
6) Then, open the WhatsApp Messenger app on your iPhone and play any videos available on WhatsApp chats.
- The video will get displayed on your Apple TV.
7) You can also make a video call that can be screen mirrored on the Apple TV.
How to Cast WhatsApp to Apple TV from Android Smartphones
You can’t cast WhatsApp to Apple TV from an Android smartphone directly. You have to use AllCast, one of the reliable screen mirroring apps available on the Play Store, to cast WhatsApp to Apple TV.
Pre-Requisite: To Screen Mirror WhatsApp from the Android smartphone to your Apple TV, you have to install the AllCast app from the Play Store. After installing, follow to below steps.
1). Connect your Android smartphone and Apple TV to the same WIFI network. Make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection.
2) On your Android device, launch the AllCast app.
3) The app will automatically search for nearby available devices to cast.
4) When the AllCast app detects your Apple TV, tap on it to connect. Then, the smartphone screen gets screen mirrored to your Apple TV.
5) Now, open the WhatsApp app and watch any videos, or scroll down on the chat screen.
6) You can also make a video call on your Android smartphone, which gets mirrored to your Apple TV.
7) If you want to stop the screen mirroring on your Apple TV, just close the AllCast app, and the screen mirroring will get stopped automatically.
How to AirPlay WhatsApp to Apple TV from Mac
In addition to screen mirroring Whatsapp from smartphones, you can also use Mac to AirPlay WhatsApp to your Apple TV.
1). To AirPlay WhatsApp on Apple TV, connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same WIFI network.
2). On your Mac, go to Control Centre and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
3). Click the AirPlay status icon on the menu bar and select Apple TV to change the desktop size to the size of the Apple TV screen.
4). On a browser, visit the WhatsApp web and scan the QR code to log in to your account.
5). That’s how to AirPlay WhatsApp videos or chat screen to your Apple TV from your Mac.
On WhatsApp, you can enjoy seamless message sharing, where you can send anything and everything from text messages, photos, and videos to audio over the internet. With the above-mentioned techniques, you can also enjoy watching WhatsApp videos or video calls on a larger screen, i.e., on your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You can’t AirPlay the WhatsApp video call. But, you can screen mirror or cast the video call.
- How to Live Stream beIN Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get Travel Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ITV Hub (ITVX) on Apple TV
- How to Add and Stream Fox Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate TSN on Apple TV
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Apple TV
- How to Install and Watch HGTV on Apple TV
- How to Add and Setup Multiple Users on Apple TV