Mozilla Firefox has a built-in option to take a screenshot of the webpage you search for. To take screenshots in the Firefox browser on different operating systems, you have to follow different steps. The screenshot feature in Firefox has more customization options than the other browsers. You can take a screenshot of a webpage, full page, or a specific block in a webpage.
How to Take A Screenshot On Mozilla Firefox [PC]
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Go to the webpage you want to screenshot.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Right-click on any of the blank areas. You will get to see a dialogue box.
4. Then, choose Take Screenshot from the list of options provided. If the Take Screenshot option is not available, update the Mozilla Firefox browser to get new features and more customization options.
5. Now, you will get the screenshot customization screen. You can also use the shortcut key, Ctrl + Shift + S or Command + Shift + S, to open the screenshot tool on Firefox.
6. Click the Save visible to take a screenshot of your PC screen.
7. Click the Save full page option to take a screenshot of the entire webpage.
8. You can also use the mouse pointer to take a specific portion of a webpage.
9. Hover the mouse pointer over the website, it will highlight specific blocks. Click the mouse pointer to take a screenshot of the block.
10. Click the Copy button to save the screenshot in the Clipboard. Click the Download button to save the image on your PC.
11. Click the X button to close the screenshot window.
Screenshot Icon on Firefox
By default, the screenshot icon on Firefox will be disabled. To enable it,
1. Open the Firefox browser and click the Hamburger icon.
2. Choose the More Tools option.
3. On the next window, choose the Customize toolbar option.
4. Drag the Screenshot icon and drop it in the Overflow Menu (next to the search bar).
5. Then, click the Done button to save the changes.
6. Now, the Screenshot icon will appear on every webpage you visit. You can click the Screenshot icon to take a screenshot.
7. If you want to remove the Screenshot icon, right-click on the icon and choose Remove from Toolbar option.
Alternate Methods On Different Operating Systems
Every operating system has its own method of taking screenshots. You can also use the conventional method to take screenshots while using the Firefox browser.
1. Open Firefox and go to the page to be captured.
2. Press the Win + Print Screen keys on your keyboard to take a screenshot of the page you are viewing currently.
3. You can also use the Snipping tool to take screenshots on Windows PC.
1. Press and hold Shift + Command + 3 to take a screenshot on Mac.
2. You can use the shortcut Shift + Command + 4 to capture a particular area to be screenshotted.
3. Similarly, if you want to screenshot a window or menu, press and hold Shift + Command + 4 + Space bar.
On Android Devices
Taking screenshots on Android smartphones will vary based on brand. For example, on Xiaomi MIUI devices, you can swipe with three fingers to take screenshots. In some devices, you will likely see a screenshot option while holding the power key. But the general way to take screenshots on all Android devices is to press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys simultaneously. This method is universal for all Android devices.
On iOS devices
1. On iPhones with Touch ID, for example, iPhone 8,7,6 series, press and hold the Home button and Power button to capture screenshots.
2. On the latest iPhones that include iPhone X to iPhone 14 series, press and hold the Power button and Volume Up key to take a screenshot.
3. In a few models of iPhone, press and hold the Sleep / Wake button and Home button to take a screenshot.
If you are using the Firefox browser in Incognito mode in smartphoens, you can’t take screenshots.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.