- The Apple TV app can’t be deleted as it is pre-installed with the Mac.
- Instead, you can hide the Apple TV app from your Mac’s Dock.
When I got my MacBook Pro, I got the Apple TV Plus subscription for free for three months. After three months, I lost interest in the Apple TV and decided to delete the app from my Mac. But, as the Apple TV app is a built-in app in all Apple devices, it can’t be deleted from Mac.
This is one of the major issues among Mac users. When I looked for solutions on the Apple Community page, more than 200 users were facing this issue. Instead of trying to delete the app, I simply removed the app from my Mac’s Dock. In this way, I’m no longer seeing the Apple TV app. If you want to delete the Apple TV app from your Mac or iMac, you can follow this guide to hide the Apple TV from the Dock.
How to Hide Apple TV From Mac Dock
1. On your MacBook, go to the Dock section.
2. Choose the Apple TV app.
3. Drag the app to the Bin icon.
4. Now, the Remove from Dock pop-up message will appear.
5. Release the pointer to remove the Apple TV from the Dock.
6. This will delete the Apple TV app from the Dock.
Remember, this won’t delete the Apple TV app from your MacBook. It just hides the Apple TV from the Doc. If your Mac is performing at low speed, clear the cache files on the Mac to boost its performance.
Alternate Way to Hide Apple TV From Mac Dock
1. Move the cursor to the Apple TV app in the Dock.
2. Tap the trackpad with two fingers to open the pop-up.
3. Go to Options and choose Remove from Doc option.
4. This will remove the Apple TV from your Mac’s Dock.
The Apple TV app is one of the built-in apps on the MacBooks. So, you can’t delete or uninstall the Apple TV app.
Yes, some of the built-in apps like Apple TV, Health, and Mail can be uninstalled from the iPhone. Check the Apple Support article to know all the built-in apps that can be deleted.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Chromecast SoundCloud Music to TV
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
- How to Play GTA Vice City on Netflix
- Scary Skins For CS2 Players
- How to Install Vudu on Samsung Smart TV
- How Do Window Cleaning Robots Work?
- How to Update Sharp Smart TV Firmware [All Models]
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch Freeview on Firestick