We know, Safari is the default browser for Apple devices. Sometimes you can’t be able to see the browser on the home screen when you have changed the settings of the Safari browser. Also, many users think Safari is uninstalled from their devices when it disappears. Safari can’t be deleted permanently as it is pre-installed and integrated with iOS. If you can’t find Safari on the home screen, proceed with the below steps to put Safari back on the home screen of your iPhone and iPad.
How to Put Back Safari App on Home Screen
There are several ways to put the Safari browser back on the home screen. All the methods are discussed below.
Search in Spotlight
With the Spotlight feature, you can easily find the apps on your iPhone/iPad.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Pull down the home screen to get the Spotlight search.
2. Enter Safari in the search bar, and you can see the Safari browser from the search results.
3. Long press and hold the Safari app to bring it back to the home screen.
1. Launch the App Library and navigate to the last page.
2. Click the Utility folder and check if Safari is in that folder.
3. Hold the Safari app and move it back to the home page of your device.
Search in Hidden Home Screen
Sometimes, you may have moved Safari to the hidden home page. To unhide Safari,
1. Press and hold on to the empty location of the home screen.
2. Tap the three horizontal dots on the home screen.
3. Navigate to the Hidden page and check whether the browser is present.
4. When you find the browser is hidden, tap the check mark to put Safari back on the home screen.
5. Click Done, and you can Safari on the home page of your device.
Tip: Update Safari to keep the app stable and prevent the browser from disappearing from the home screen.
Due to some restrictions, Safari may not be available on the home page of your iPhone/iPad. Disabling the restrictions will make Safari available on the home page.
1. Go to Settings → Screen Time.
2. Under Screen Time, click on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
3. Now, enter the Screen Time Password on your device.
4. Then, click on Allowed Apps.
5. Tap on the toggle button to turn ON Safari.
6. Afterward, go to the home screen and find the Safari browser.
By Resetting Home Screen
By resetting the home screen on your iPhone/iPad, you can get the apps back to default.
1. Open Settings → General → Reset.
2. Under Reset, click on the Reset Home Screen Layout.
Finally, you can get the Safari browser back to the home page.
Tip: If the Safari browser doesn’t work well and is unresponsive, reset Safari to default settings to make the Safari perform better.
By Restoring iPhone
To bring Safari to the home, you can restore your iPhone to its factory default settings by using iTunes.
1. By using the USB cable, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
2. Next, launch the iTunes application on Mac.
3. You can see the iPhone icon. Click on it.
4. Click on Summary and next click on Restore iPhone on the right.
5. Lastly, you can get the Safari browser on the home screen of your iPhone/iPad.
You can restore the deleted data on your iPhone if you have enabled the sync with iCloud. You can also recover deleted Safari history on your iPhone by using iCloud.
How to Add Safari Bookmarks to the Home screen
if you have any favorite website, you can add it to the home screen for quick access using the below steps.
1. Launch the Safari Browser on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the search bar and enter the URL of the website that you wish to add to the home screen.
3. Click on the Share button and select Add to Home Screen.
4. Click Done to add the bookmark to the home screen.
* Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone, and go to any website.
* Then, click on the book-like icon on the bottom and tap Add to Home screen.
Using the shortcut on the home page, you can access the site quickly using Safari.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.