- You can enable the Full-Screen Mode on Safari using the Toolbar.
- In Mac: Hover over the Green-colored icon → Choose Enter Full Screen.
- In iPhone: Click the AA icon → Choose Hide Toolbar.
- In iPad: Click the Share icon → Choose Add to Home Screen → Name the shortcut → Tap the shortcut.
The transition from Windows or Android to Apple is not a welcomed one for many users. Though Apple offers some cool new features, it still lags in some of the basic features. When I open the Safari browser on my new iMac, the browser pops up with just more than half of my iMac screen. To get the full-screen on Safari, I have to enable it manually by hovering over the Green-colored icon.
After that unpleasant experience, I read some support pages in Apple and came to know that the Safari browser on all devices (Mac, iPhone, & iPad) doesn’t open in full screen automatically. The user has to enable it manually every time they open the browser. If you are struggling to get the full screen on Safari browser, make use of this write-up. I have explored all the possible ways to enable the full-screen mode on the Safari browser with different Apple devices.
How to Get Full-Screen Mode on Safari Browser [Mac]
Before getting into the steps, make sure that the Safari browser is updated to its latest version. If not, update the Safari browser on your Mac.
1. Launch the Safari application on your Mac.
2. Hover the cursor over the green color icon in the Toolbar.
3. Select the option Enter Full Screen to view the application in full-screen mode.
4. To view the hidden option, move and place the mouse over the respected area to view the hidden option. For example, move the mouse to the Dock’s location to view the Dock menu.
5. Hover the cursor over the green color icon and select the option Exit Full Screen to view your browser in normal mode.
How to Open Safari Browser in Full Screen [iPhone]
There is no Full Screen feature available in the Safari browser for iPhones. What I have done is hide the toolbar on the website. To do so,
1. Launch the Safari application on your Mac,
2. Click on the AA icon at the bottom of the address bar.
3. Select the option Hide toolbar to view your Safari in full-screen mode.
4. Click on the Search bar to bring your browser into normal mode.
How to Enable Full-Screen Mode on Safari [iPad]
Getting full screen on iPad is pretty exciting. All I have to do is add the website as a shortcut to my iPad home screen. When I open the shortcut, the website will open in full-screen mode.
1. Open the Safari app on your iPad.
2. Tap the Share icon and select the Add to Home Screen option.
3. Rename the website and tap Add.
4. Now, open the newly created shortcut website on your iPad to view the contents from full-screen mode.
Get Full Screen on Safari Using Desktop Mode
Being a Windows user for more than 5 years, I have used the Desktop Mode on Chrome browser a lot. I curiously searched for the same in the Safari browser. And voila, Safari offers built-in Desktop mode. To enable the mode,
1. Launch the Safari Browser on your iPhone.
2. Click on the AA icon at the bottom of the page.
3. Select the Request Desktop Website option. This will enable the Desktop Mode in the Safari browser.
4. The page will now load in the desktop version.
5. Go to the Control Center and unlock the Portrait Orientation.
6. Now, you can view the page on Safari iPhone in Desktop Mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can change the Safari screen size on your iPad by going to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
To move the search bar on Safari, Tap Aa → select Show Top Address Bar or Show Bottom Tab Bar.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Add and Activate TSN on Roku
- How to Install & Activate Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV
- FloSports Free Trial [Get 20% Discount]
- How to Stream Sportsnet on Roku [Four Ways]
- How to Use Two WhatsApp Accounts in One Phone
- How to Get BBC iPlayer on Apple TV
- How to Update Apps on LG Smart TV [2 Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon [Website & App]
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Roku
- How to Stream NFL 2023 on Firestick