Every gamer likes to share their best gaming skills with others on social media apps. Recording gameplay or taking screenshots is quite difficult on most gaming consoles. But in PS5, you can easily record and share the gameplay with your friends. PS5 has an in-built option to record and take screenshots. So, you don’t need third-party software or a Capture Card to record the gameplay. There are two ways to record the gameplay on your PS5 console. You can either record the live gameplay or previous gameplay on your PS5 by selecting the option Start New Recording or Save Recent Gameplay.
How to Record Live Gameplay on PS5
#1. Navigate to the Games tab on the PS5 home screen.
#2. Highlight any game you wish to play and press the X button on the controller to launch the game.
Customize Record Settings
#3. During the gameplay, press the CREATE button placed on the top left of the controller.
#4. A menu pops up at the bottom.
#5. Tap the Menu icon at the bottom right.
#6. Navigate to the option
Video Clip File Type and click it.
#7. Select a file format you intend to save the gameplay.
#8. Go to the option
Manual Recording Resolution and choose a resolution you wish to record the gameplay.
#9. If you want to include Mic Audio or Party Audio, you can enable the option
by tapping the toggle switch near the options – Include Your Mic’s Audio or Include Party Audio.
Record Live GamePlay on PS5
#1. After customizing the settings, hit the Start New Recording icon to record your gameplay.
Note: You can also take screenshots of your gameplay by selecting the Take Screenshot icon.
#2. To stop the recording, tap the Stop Recording button.
Note: You can also stream PS5 Gameplay on apps like Twitch and YouTube.
Record Previous Gameplay on PS5
#1. Launch the game as shown in the previous procedure.
#2. If you experience any special moment in gameplay that you wish to share with friends, hit the CREATE button.
#3. Tap the Save Recent Gameplay icon displayed at the bottom menu.
#4. You will see two options – Save Short Clip and Save Full Video.
Save Short Clip–
bring up a vertical menu with the options: Last 15 Seconds, Last 30 Seconds, and Last 5 Minutes.
- Save Full Video – By selecting this option, you can record the gameplay of the last 60 minutes.
#5. Tap your desired option to record the recent gameplay.
How to View, Edit and Share Recorded GamePlay on PS5
#1. To view all the recorded videos and screenshots, navigate to the home screen and tap Media Gallery.
#2. Here, you can find all the recorded videos and screenshots of your PS5 gameplay.
#3. To edit a video or screenshot, select the content and tap Edit.
- If you are editing a screenshot, you can crop and can add text to the image.
- If you are editing videos, you can trim the videos to your desired length. In addition, you can also create thumbnails by taking screenshots of the video.
#4. You can also share the recorded videos or screenshots with your friend on PSN or social media apps. To do it,
- Select the content you want to share and click Share.
- Then, choose a person or social media app to share the file.
Other Playstation Guides:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. But you need to manually enable this by toggling the Include Party Audio.
You can easily record gameplay on PS5 by pressing the CREATE button on the controller during the gameplay and clicking the Start New Recording icon.
To take a screenshot during gameplay, Press the CREATE on the controller >> Tap the Take Screenshot icon to take a screenshot.
- How to Watch ESPN on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Your Nintendo Switch Controller
- How to Listen to Spotify on PS5 [PlayStation 5]
- How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch
- How to Delete or Uninstall Games on Xbox One
- 3 Ways to Turn Off Your PS4 Controller
- How to Connect Your Xbox One to WiFi
- How to Reset Your Forgotten PS4 Password