Nintendo Switch is a compact gaming console that differs a lot from PlayStation and Xbox. If you want to connect a keyboard and mouse to your Nintendo Switch console to play games effortlessly, you can use the USB port on the dock or the USB C port on the console. With this, you can play games on the Nintendo console just like you do on your PC.
Apart from using the USB ports, you can also use external setup devices like a PXN K5 USB Adapter to connect the keyboard and mouse to your console. You can also connect a wireless keyboard and mouse to the Nintendo Switch console.
How to Connect Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch Using Dock
1. Remove the back panel on the Dock.
2. In the USB port, insert the keyboard or mouse USB cable.
3. Now, connect the Nintendo Switch console to the Dock and power up the Dock.
4. Your console will detect the keyboard or mouse automatically. You can use it to control the console.
You can also connect the wireless keyboard and mouse to Nintendo Switch by connecting the wireless USB adapter (Bluetooth dongle) to the USB port.
How to Hook Up Keyboard and Mouse to Nintendo Switch Without Dock
In the Nintendo Switch, you have the USB-C port to charge the console. You can use the same port to plug in the keyboard or mouse to the Nintendo Switch console. Connect the USB-C keyboard or mouse to the console directly and control the console.
Limitations on Normal Keyboard & Mouse on Switch
The normal PC’s keyboard and mouse will have a lot of limitations. Using these peripherals, you can’t play Minecraft and Fortnite on Nintendo Switch. You can use the normal keyboard and mouse to enter login credentials and other text-based information. To play games on Nintendo Switch, you need to use external adapters like PXN K5 or IOGEAR KeyMander Adapters.
Connect Keyboard or Mouse to Switch Using Adapters
1. Go to Settings and navigate to Controllers and Sensors Settings.
2. Turn On the Pro Controller Wired Communication.
3. From the Nintendo Switch main menu, open the Controllers tab.
4. Select Change Grip/Order.
5. Then, connect the Dock to the Nintendo Switch.
6. Next, plug one end of the USB Type C cable into the USB port of the dock.
7. Plug the other end of the USB Type C cable into the PXN K5 or IOGEAR USB Adapter.
8. Connect the USB keyboard and mouse to the USB port of the PXN or IOGEAR adapter.
9. Press Ctrl + 2 on the keyboard until the LED on the adapter turns red.
10. After that, you can play any games on Nintendo Switch using the keyboard and mouse.
If the keyboard or mouse is not detected, restart the Nintendo Switch console. If you want a better gaming experience, you can buy the Gamesir VX AimSwitch (developed especially for Nintendo) and connect it to your console.
Yes, using the external adapters, you can play Minecraft games on Switch by connecting the keyboard and mouse.
If you need a keyboard and mouse to enter text-based info, adapters are not needed. But to play games using these peripherals, you need an external adapter.
Gamesire VX AimSwitch and ZJFKSDYX C91 One-Handed Gaming Keyboard and Mouse are the best to play games on Nintendo Switch.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Connect Computer to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Block YouTube on Amazon Fire Tablet
- 11 Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
- How to Connect Wii to Samsung Smart TV [5 Different Ways]
- How to Install SHOWTIME App on Samsung Smart TV
- Can I Get a Free Trial on Peacock TV?
- How to Clear Cache on Android Phone / Tablet [Possible Ways]
- How to Access Microsoft Teams on Apple TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Amazon Fire Tablet