- To Install YouTube TV on PS5: On your PS5, go to Media → select All Apps → search YouTube TV → select YouTube TV → click Download to install the app on your PS5
- To Activate YouTube TV on PS5: Go to Media section → open YouTube TV → click LOGIN to get the activation code → head to tv.youtube.com/start → enter the code and click Continue → sign in to your YouTube TV account and start streaming.
If you plan to watch live TV on your PlayStation 5, there are few options, unlike other dedicated streaming devices. Luckily, the YouTube TV app is available on the PS5. You can get the YouTube TV app on your console from the PlayStation Store.
With YouTube TV, you can watch over 100+ live TV channels that stream live news, sports, and TV shows. YouTube TV doesn’t limit itself to live TV. This service has an extensive library with a wide variety of on-demand content.
In this article, you will learn how to install and activate the YouTube TV app on your PlayStation 5 to watch live TV and on-demand content. We have tabulated some of the common issues of the app with their fixes.
YouTube TV Subscriptions
You can skip to the installation part if you’re already subscribed to YouTube TV. But if you’re new to YouTube TV, they provide two subscription plans that you can customize with add-ons that include sports channels, entertainment channels, and much more. If you’re a first-time subscriber, you will get a free trial.
- Base Plan: $72.99/month
- Spanish Plan: $34.99/month
How to Sign Up For YouTube TV
1. Go to YouTube TV’s official website using a web browser.
2. From the website’s homepage, click on Try For Free.
3. Sign up with your Google account, choose your subscription plan, and click Continue.
4. After entering the payment information, you will be given a free trial, which you can cancel anytime before your billing period.
How Can You Get YouTube TV on PS5
Once you sign up, you can install the YouTube TV app on your gaming console using the steps below.
1. From your PS5 home screen, switch to the Media tab
2. Click the Search icon and type YouTube TV in the search bar.
3. From the search results, click on the YouTube TV icon to go to the App page.
4. Click the Download button to begin the installation process.
5. Once the installation is over, go to the Media section to access the YouTube TV app.
How to Activate and Use YouTube TV on PS5
To stream live TV channels on your PS5, you must first activate the app on your console. Follow the steps below to complete the activation process.
1. Launch the YouTube TV app from the PS5 home screen.
2. Click LOGIN and get the activation code.
3. Go to tv.youtube.com/start on either your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the activation code from your PS5 into the designated area and click Continue.
5. Sign in to your YouTube TV account using credentials and start streaming live TV on your PlayStation 5.
YouTube TV on PlayStation 5 – Common Problems & Solutions
If the YouTube TV app is not working on PS5, it might be because of one of these reasons. Try the solutions given below and try to fix them.
|Poor Internet connection||Check your network connection and restart your router or connect to a different network|
|YouTube TV server down||Check the YouTube TV server status using the Downdetector website.|
|Outdated system software and YouTube TV app||Update PlayStation 5 and YouTube TV app to the latest version|
|Crashes and black screen issues||Restart PS5 and YouTube TV app|
How to Screen Mirror YouTube TV from Smartphone to PlayStation 5
You can screen mirror YouTube TV to your PlayStation 5 from a smartphone. However, since the PS5 doesn’t have a built-in screen mirroring feature, we must use a third-party application. Send the tvee.app URL as a message from your PS5 to your friend and open the URL to get a QR code. Scan the QR code by installing the Screen Mirroring Pro app from the Play Store or App Store to begin screen mirroring.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. YouTube TV is available on the PlayStation 5 and you can download the app to your console from the PlayStation Store.
Other than YouTube TV, you can watch live TV channels on Pluto TV and Sling TV apps on your PlayStation 5.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Language on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV