- Microsoft Teams app is not available for Apple TV. You need to screen mirror app using your iPhone or Mac.
- Using iPhone: Open Microsoft Teams on iPhone → Go to Control Center → Tap Screen Mirroring icon → Choose Apple TV.
- Using Mac: Go to Control Center → Click Screen Mirroring icon → Choose Apple TV → Open Microsoft Teams app or website.
The Microsoft Teams app is available only for iPhones and iPads. You can’t install Microsoft Teams on your Apple TV of any generation. You need to screen mirror the app using your iPhone or Mac.
Microsoft Teams is a popular business communication platform used by millions around the world. It is one of the most suitable applications for business people to keep the workspace well-informed through meetings.
In this guide, you will learn about how to use the Microsoft Teams app on your Apple TV.
How to Screen Mirror Microsoft Teams on Apple TV from iPhone
To screen mirror Microsoft Teams on Apple TV, you should use the Screen Mirroring option. If you start or join a meeting on an iPhone or iPad, you can easily mirror Microsoft Teams to Apple TV by following the steps below.
1. Connect the Apple TV to WiFi with a stable internet connection.
2. Then, connect your iPhone or iPad to the same WiFi network.
3. Then, open the Microsoft Teams app on your device. If you don’t have the app, download the Microsoft Teams app from the App Store.
4. Enable the AirPlay feature on your Apple TV. Go to Settings → Select AirPlay and HomeKit → Tap AirPlay → Turn it ON.
5. Open the Control Center on your iPhone,
- For iPhone (iPhone X or later) or iPad (iOS 12 or later), swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- For iPhone 8 or earlier/ iOS 11 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
6. Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Centre. Your iPhone will look for nearby mirroring devices.
7. When detected, select the Apple TV device.
8. Then, you can open Microsoft Teams to start the discussion on your TV.
How to AirPlay Microsoft Teams on Apple TV from Mac
If you are a Mac user, you can also use Mac to AirPlay Microsoft Teams to your Apple TV.
1. Connect your Mac and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. On the Control Centre, click the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Choose your Apple TV. Note that while using AirPlay Mirroring, the AirPlay status icon turns blue.
4. Now, open the Microsoft Teams app on your Mac. It will appear on your Apple TV.
Features of Microsoft Teams
- Teams offer the service of workspace chat, video conferencing, file storage, and application integration.
- Allows the user to create teams for each project, making it more convenient to stay informed, organized, and connected with the team.
- It helps to effectively collaborate and invite the employee to work together on common tasks.
- Get access to the SharePoint Online site and document library for storing the team files.
- You can use Exchange Online shared mailbox and calendar on Teams.
- By using Teams, you can avail the OneNote notebook.
- You can also access Microsoft app families such as Power BI and Planner.
How to Start/Join Meetings on Microsoft Teams
If you don’t know how to start or join a Teams meeting, use the below steps.
Start a Meeting
1. To start a new meeting, click Meet Now from the Microsoft Teams Calendar.
2. You can also go to Teams → Channel name → Posts tab → Meet → Meet Now to start the meeting.
3. Give a title to your meeting and choose whether you want a video or audio interface.
4. When you are ready to initiate the meeting, click on Join Now.
5. Then, copy the link to share with the people you want to invite to the meeting by clicking on Copy join info.
Joining a Meeting
You can join the Teams meeting by using the Teams App or website.
Via Teams App
1. If you are using the Teams app, then go to your Calendar and select Join on a meeting.
2. Then, select your background and audio settings. Then, click Join now.
1. Open your invite link and tap on the Click here to join the meeting link.
2. Enter your name and choose audio and video settings.
3. Finally, click Join now to join the Teams meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Microsoft Teams is available on your iPad in the App Store. You can install the app from iPadOS 15.0 or later firmware.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Language on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV