In the Safari browser, the developers can debug the websites just by enabling the Developer Mode on their devices. Safari browser offers a lot of features that the browsers are yet to have. Features like website tinting, moving search bar, and more. Using a Safari browser on your iPhone or Mac, you can debug a webpage or website.
How to Enable Debug on Safari
Before debugging the website from your Safari browser, you may need to enable the Developer mode on the iOS device and Develop menu on the Mac.
How to Enable the Developer Mode (Web Inspector) on Safari [iPhone/iPad]
(1) Open the Settings application on your iOS device.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
(2) Select the Safari app.
(3) Tap the Advanced option and toggle the button to enable the Web Inspector mode.
How to Enable Develop Mode on Mac
(1) Launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
(2) Click Safari at the top left corner of the app.
(3) Select the Preferences option from the drop-down menu.
(4) Click on the Advanced tab and check the Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
How to Debug on Safari
(1) Launch the Safari browser on your iOS and visit the webpage you need to debug.
(2) Connect your iPhone or iPad and Mac with the Lightning cable.
(3) Launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
(4) Click the Develop menu from the top.
(5) Now, you can see your iOS device name on the drop-down menu.
(6) Select the name and click the URL link near the name.
(7) Once you have clicked the URL link, you will be directed to the Inspector window on your Mac.
(8) Now, you can analyze and debug the page on the iOS browser from your Mac.
How to Debug on Safari Using Third-Party Tools
With the built-in Debug feature, the options and customization are minimal. If you want, you can use third-party tools like LambdaTest or BrowserStack.
BrowserStack offers both live and automated testing options. In the BrowserStack tool, you can also test your smartphone apps. The subscription starts at $29 per user per month. If you want, you can get a free trial for 100 minutes to test the tools and services available on the platform. You can also customize the plan using the Enterprise package. Using the BrowserStack tool, you can request a desktop site on the Safari browser.
LambdaTest is one of the popular debugging tools that are available for free and premium. Using the LambdaTest tool, you can debug from all the versions of Safari. Using the Parallel Testing feature, you can dynamically test your code without waiting for the execution time. In the LambdaTest tool, you will get the pixel-perfect iOS UI along with Safari’s built-in DevTools.
Using Xcode, you can run any app and inspect it using the DevTools.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.