We know Samsung Internet is the default web browser on all Samsung smartphones. This browser app is one of the preloaded apps on Samsung smartphones that can be accessed out of the box. Some users have said that the Samsung Internet browser is better than all other default browsers and has some additional features over other browsers. But few said the browser is not up to the mark even for surfing and other activities. If you want to get rid of this browser, you can disable or uninstall the Samsung Internet browser from your smartphone.
How to Disable Samsung Internet Browser
In a few flagship models of Samsung smartphones, especially S-series smartphones, the Samsung Internet comes as an in-built application that cannot be uninstalled. To remove the app from the app drawer, you will have to disable it.
1. Launch the app drawer and look for the Samsung Internet browser.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Long press the app, and you can see the Disable option instead of Uninstall.
3. Click on Disable.
4. Once disabled, the Samsung Internet browser will be hidden on your smartphone.
If you to permanently remove the Samsung Internet Browser application, you need to uninstall the app from your device. To do it, refer to the steps below.
How to Uninstall Samsung Internet Browser
Unlike a few smartphone manufacturers, Samsung lets you delete its default Samsung Internet browser on most smartphone models. You can uninstall the browser in two different ways.
- From app drawer
- From settings
- From Play Store
Uninstall Samsung Internet from App Drawer
1. On your Samsung smartphone, swipe up to open the App drawer.
2. Scroll sideways until you find the Internet app.
3. Tap and hold the app. You can see the quick options to perform.
4. Now, click on Uninstall. Authenticate your action by confirming the prompt.
Uninstall Samsung Internet Browser from Settings
1. Open the Settings app on your Samsung smartphone.
2. Swipe down and tap on Apps.
3. From the list of all the apps installed on your smartphone, find the Samsung Internet app and tap on it.
4. You can see the Uninstall button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap on it. Finally, you have uninstalled Samsung Internet from your smartphone.
Note: You can uninstall the Samsung Internet browser if it is not among the in-built apps. If so, you can only disable the app rather than uninstalling it completely from your Samsung smartphone.
Uninstall Samsung Internet Browser from Play Store
1. Go to the Play Store on your smartphone.
2. Search for Samsung Internet browser.
3. Select the app from the list and click Uninstall.
4. The app will be uninstalled from your device.
The Samsung Internet browser is no more an in-built application under the One UI platform. Hence, it can be uninstalled easily from your smartphone. However, if you want to reinstall your Samsung Internet, head up to Google Play Store or Galaxy Store to install the app.
Other Samsung Internet Browser Guides:
Most users face this issue as the browser opens anonymously every time. It might happen when you have installed some third-party apps from unknown sources. Get rid of this issue by uninstalling third-party or malware apps from your smartphone.
First, launch the Internet app and click on the Hamburger menu. Next, click on Settings → Privacy and Security → Enable Block unwanted webpages under Smart Protection to block websites.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.