We know Edge is the default browser on windows OS. Microsoft developed it as a replacement for the Internet Explorer browser. Edge is one of the popular lightweight browsers to use. Apart from Windows, you can use Edge on various operating systems, such as Android, iOS, Mac, and Linux. Like other browsers, Edge also has the default dark mode feature. You can enable dark mode on the browser to get a better browsing experience and use it more comfortably.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Edge Browser [Android Phone]
1. Install the Edge browser from the Play Store on your smartphone.
2. Launch it and tap the three-dot icon on the bottom.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Click Settings → Appearance → Theme.
4. Finally, select Dark.
Note: When you have enabled dark mode on your smartphone, it applies to your browser.
1. Go to the Notification Center on your Android phone.
2. Find and turn on the Dark mode option.
3. Open the Edge browser and start using dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Edge Browser [iPhone/iPad]
1. First, install the Edge browser from the App Store.
2. Tap the three-dot icon → Settings → Theme.
3. Next, tap Your Device (This option enables the browser to use the default mode of the device).
4. You can either click Dark to enable it on the browser.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Click Display and Brightness.
3. Select Dark to turn on dark mode.
4. Open the Edge browser and start using it in dark mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Edge Browser (Windows & Mac)
By default, the browser adapts the system theme. If you have enabled dark mode on Windows or Mac, your Edge browser will automatically turn into dark mode. However, you can enable dark mode on the browser even when you use a light theme on the system.
1. Open the Edge browser and click on the three horizontal metal balls icon.
Note: You can use the shortcut Alt + X to access Settings and more options.
2. From the list of options, click Settings.
3. Under Settings, click Appearance.
4. Choose Dark under the Overall Appearance section to enable dark mode on Edge.
How to Enable Force Dark Mode on Microsoft Edge
Sometimes, the dark mode will not work on specific sites as they don’t support the feature. Fortunately, you can turn them dark using the Force dark mode feature on the browser.
1. On the address bar of the Edge browser, type
edge://flags and hit Enter.
2. You will end up opening the Experiments tab. Now, go ahead and search Dark Mode on the search.
3. From the search results, you will find the feature Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents.
4. Now, click the drop-down menu and choose Enabled.
5. Restart your Edge browser to apply the force dark mode feature.
To get back to normal mode, go to the Experiments tab → Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents and select Default in the drop-down menu.
How to Enable Dark Mode Using Extensions
Like Chrome and Firefox, you can use extensions to enable dark mode on Edge. There are multiple dark mode extensions available in the browser. You can choose your preferred one and enable it on the browser.
 Turn off the Lights
1. Go to Edge Add-ons and search for the Turn Off the Lights extension.
2. Click the Get icon to add the extension to the browser.
3. Now, click on Extensions → Turn Off the Lights → Extension options.
4. Under the Night Mode section, click Show the night switch button below the web page to make the page dark or light checkbox.
5. Also, select Automatically go to Night Mode when a new web page is opened checkbox.
Now, your entire Edge browser turns dark irrespective of the websites that support dark mode.
The users of this extension can switch between dark and light themes just by clicking on the night switch located below the screen by default.
 Dark Reader
1. Open Edge Add-ons and search for Dark Reader extension.
2. Go ahead and hit the Get button to add the extension.
3. Click the Dark Reader extension icon and switch the toggle ON.
4. You will witness dark mode on the content you browse for.
The Dark Reader extension also allows you to configure the brightness, contrast, and a few other browser appearances.
If you are bored of using the extensions, navigate to Extensions → Manage Extensions and remove the desired extension from the Edge browser.
Dark Mode Guides of Other Browsers
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome.
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Brave.
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Safari.
Open Edge → Press Alt + X → Click Settings → Appearance → Choose the desired theme to use and click it.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.