Plex allows users to watch personal videos, photos, and music on Google TV. Unlike its previous version, Chromecast with Google TV comes with an Android TV OS and has the ability to download apps within the device. It is important to know that Google TV provides the ability to stream the content directly from the Plex Media Server. If you want to access plex contents on Chromecast with Google TV, follow the guide and do it in the right way.
You need to follow three simple procedures to watch Plex media content on your TV.
- Set up Plex Media Server on PC
- Install Plex Media Player on Google TV
- Set up Plex app on Google TV
Set up Plex Media Server on PC
First of all, you need to set up Plex Media Server on your PC to sync all your personal media files.
1.Visit plex.tv/media-server-downloads on your PC web browser.
2. Download the file and install it on your PC.
3. Once the installation was over, click the Launch menu.
4. It will be direct you to a browser page. Now Sign in to your Plex account or create a new one.
5. Give a name for your server and select Next. Check the box beside Allow me to access my media outside my home to access the media on Google TV and then click Next.
6. Now, click DONE to set up the server. After setting up the server, upload the files that you would like to.
You have successfully set up the Plex Media Server on your PC. Now you have to upload your personal media files to the server. Those files can be streamed on Google TV by downloading the Plex Media Player.
Install Plex on Chromecast with Google TV
1.Set up Google Chromecast and navigate to the App section on the top of the screen.
2. Browse for the Plex app under the entertainment category or click Search for Apps.
3. Type Plex to search for the app.
4. Select the Plex app from the suggestions listed on the screen.
5. Click Install. Once installed, you will see the Open option. Select it and then go through the activation process.
Set up Plex on Chromecast with Google TV
1. To access Plex Media Server on Google TV, you need to activate the app with your Plex account. Click the Sign in on the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. You will get an activation code once you signed in.
3. Visit plex.tv/link using a web browser on your smartphone or computer and sign in using appropriate credentials.
4. Enter the code in the given text box and click Link.
5. You will get an account linked confirmation message on the screen.
6. Plex App on the TV screen will start loading. If you like to buy a Plex pass, click Subscribe and Follow the on-screen instructions. If not needed, click Not now.
7. All the media files you uploaded earlier will appear on the screen after few minutes. Select the content that you want and stream it effortlessly.
If you have subscribed for Plex Pass, you can watch additional content by adding required plugins. Plex Pass also provides additional features like premium photo libraries, premium music contents, camera upload, early access, and much more.
For further queries and feedback related to this tutorial, use the below comment section.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Stream Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Paramount Plus on LG Smart TV
- How to Get Paramount Plus on Roku Devices
- How to Turn Off Chromecast [Possible Ways]
- How Has Technology Changed the Gaming Industry?
- How to Install and Watch HBO Max on Google TV
- How to Cancel YouTube TV Subscription 
- 5 Apps for Car interacting to enjoy the Driving experience
- How to Log out of Netflix on Roku [All Models]
- Understanding the Benefits of Cutting the Cord
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
Apps1 month ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV4 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android9 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to10 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android9 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to10 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes