Messenger is an instant messaging application developed by Facebook Inc. Messenger is available for Android, iOS, and Desktop. With this application, you can send text messages and can exchange photos, videos, stickers, and audio files with your friends. You can also enable dark mode on Messenger. In the recent update, Messenger has added video and audio call features. English is the default language of the Messenger app. Everyone is not comfortable with the default language. If you wish to change the language, use the methods given in this guide. There are two ways to change the language of the Facebook Messenger app.
How to Change Language in Facebook Messenger using Smartphone
The Facebook Messenger app does not have the option to change the language. By changing the language of your smartphone, you can change the Facebook Messenger language.
Using Android Smartphone
The below steps may vary depending on the Android phone model.
1. Open Settings on your smartphone.
2. Navigate to System Management.
3. In the System Management section, choose the Language & Input option.
4. Then, select the Languages option.
5. You will see different languages on the screen.
6. Locate a language from the list and click it.
7. Now, the language on your Android smartphone will be changed.
8. Open the Messenger app and chat with your friends in your desired language.
1. Launch Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Scroll down and tap General.
3. Look for the option Language & Region and click it.
4. Select iPhone Language and choose any language from the list.
5. Now, confirm the process by selecting the option Change to “language”
6. Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iOS device, and you will notice that the language is changed to your device language.
How to Change Facebook Messenger Language [Windows PC]
1. Install the Messenger application from Microsoft Store on your Windows PC.
2. Open the Messenger application after installation and sign in to your account.
3. Select the Messenger icon at the top.
4. Now select Messenger >> Preferences.
5. On the Preferences menu, select the Language option.
6. Choose any language from the list of available languages.
8. Restart the Messenger application.
9. The language in the Facebook Messenger app will be changed immediately.
Note – The above methods will change only the app language. The messages sent or received will not be changed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can change the language on Facebook Messenger using your Smartphone or PC.
Yes. You can change the password on Facebook Messenger.
* Open the Messenger app on your Windows PC.
* Tap Messenger icon >> Messenger >> Preferences >> Language >> Select English from the list.
Open the Messenger app >> Select a person >> Long-press the message you want to delete >> Select Remove to delete the Messages on Facebook Messenger.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser
- How to Recover Deleted History on Chrome
- How to Find Saved Passwords on Google Chrome
- Why Are My PDFs Opening in Chrome
- How to Remove Reading List from Google Chrome