How to Turn Off PS5 [PlayStation 5]
You may think how to turn off PS5 is a reckless question. But if you don’t turn off your PlayStation 5 properly, it may damage your console. If you are a new user of PS5, then turning off your console may be quite inconvenient as it differs from the PS3 and PS4. It is also good to know the difference between turning off and putting your console in rest mode.
Rest Mode in PS5 is the standby mode to save power as well as perform background activities. It could be useful in downloading or updating apps, games, and software. Rest Mode has a customization option on a few settings. You can charge your controller through a USB Port and access the console via the PlayStation Remoteplay app. The other settings are to turn on/ off the internet in the rest mode.
How to Turn Off PlayStation 5
Turn off option is available in the Power menu of the PlayStation 5. You can turn off the PS5 either with or without the controller.
How to Turn off PS5 with Controller
Quick Guide: Press PS Button on the Controller >> Choose Power icon >> Select Turn Off PS5
1. Press the PS button on your Controller between the two thumbsticks. You can just give a single tap.
2. Two rows of icons will be displayed on the screen where the second row contains the navigation options.
3. Swipe left and select the Power icon from the second row.
4. When you press the power icon, you can see three options. They are Enter Rest Mode, Turn Off PS5, and Restart PS5.
5. Select Turn Off PS5 to shut down the PlayStation 5 console and wait for the Turn Off message to unplug the Power Cord.
6. Choose Enter Rest Mode if you want the system to charge the controllers and download updates.
How to Turn off PS5 Without Controller
If you are near the PlayStation 5 then you can easily turn off PlayStation 5 with the Power button.
Find the Power button on your console (at the side face). To turn off PlayStation 5, press and hold the Power button until you hear the beep sound. For the first beep, your console goes to the rest mode. If you want to turn it off fully, you must wait for the second beep.
How to Turn Off PS5 Controller Mic
The Mic usage is not necessary every time you play the games. You can turn off the built-in Controller microphone in three ways.
 Press and hold the Mute button, which you can find under the PS button. If you press and hold the button, it will blink orange that indicating the controller is on mute mode.
 Click the PS button on the controller to open the control center and select the Microphone icon to mute by pressing the X button on the controller.
 Go to Settings and select the Sound option. Under the sound option, select the Microphone tab and click on Microphone on the controller. Then go to “Mic Status When Logged in” and choose the Mute option to turn off the microphone. You can use any of these three ways to turn off the PlayStation 5 controller mic.
Playing games without interruption may affect the PlayStation 5 performance. It is important to give your PlayStation some time to rest. Turn it off for some time so that it can function effectively and you can enjoy playing your favorite games on PlayStation 5. If you have any issues with the above procedure, please specify them in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can turn off the PS5 Controller by selecting Accessories in the Control menu and choosing the Wireless Controller to turn off completely.
Click Gear icon>select Accessbility>Screen Reader>click Enable Screen Reader to turn off voice on PlayStation 5.
Go to Settings menu>select System Software> click on Reset options> tap Reset your Console>select Reset button to reset your PS5.
Open the Netflix app on your PS5 and select your favorite movie to watch. Next, press the options button on your controller and select “Disable Controller” to turn off the PS5 controller and continue watching a movie. If you want to turn on your PS5 controller, again press the options button and select Enable controller.
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Change or Reset Your PS4 Password
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Xbox One
- How to Restart Xbox One [Different Ways]
- How to Reset PS3 [PlayStation 3] to Factory Settings
- How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch