- Install Crunchyroll on PS5: On your PS5, go to Media → select All Apps → search Crunchyroll → select Netflix → click Download to install the app on your PS5
- Activate Crunchyroll on PS5: Go to Media section → open Crunchyroll → click Link Your Account to get activation code → head to crunchyroll.com/activate → enter activation code → click Activate → start streaming anime.
If you’re wondering how to watch all your favorite animes on your PS5, the Crunchyroll app will be your solution. The Crunchyroll app is officially available on the PlayStation 5, and you can get the app on your console from the PlayStation Store.
With Crunchyroll, you can watch some of the most popular anime series in subbed and dubbed formats. Moreover, Crunchyroll is the only anime streaming platform that releases new episodes on the same day as Japan. The Crunchyroll app brings all the anime entertainment to your PlayStation 5 gaming console.
This detailed guide covers everything from signing up, installing, and activating the app on your console. We have also given fixes for some of the common issues faced on the Crunchyroll app by other PlayStation 5 users.
If you’re a Crunchyroll subscriber, you can skip directly to the activation steps. However, if you’re a new user, Crunchyroll offers three different subscription plans for you. They also offer a 14-day free trial on each subscription plan for new subscribers.
- Fan: $7.99/month.
- Mega Fan: $9.99/month.
- Ultimate Fan: $14.99/month.
How to Sign Up for Crunchyroll
1. From your smartphone or PC, visit the official website and enter your credentials to create a new account.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. From their three subscription plans, choose one.
3. Complete your payment information and click Continue.
4. You can enjoy a free trial for 14 days before being billed.
How to Get Crunchyroll on PS5
Once you sign up for an account, you can download the Crunchyroll app on your PlayStation 5 using the following steps.
1. Switch to the Media tab on your PS5 home screen and click on All Apps.
2. Within the Search tab, type Crunchyroll and hit Search.
3. From the results, go to the Crunchyroll app page.
4. Click Download to install the app on your PS5.
5. Once the installation is complete, you can open the Crunchyroll app from either the app page or your PS5 home screen.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on PS5
You can activate the Crunchyroll app on your console and watch your favorite anime using the steps below.
1. Launch the Crunchyroll app on your PS5.
2. Once Crunchyroll opens, click Link Your Account to get an activation code.
3. On your smartphone or your PC, go to crunchyroll.com/activate.
4. Enter the activation code displayed on your PS5 in the dedicated area and click Activate to complete the activation.
5. Now, you can watch your favorite anime content on the Crunchyroll app on your PlayStation 5.
How to Screen Mirror Crunchyroll on PS5
You can also screen mirror Crunchyroll to PS5 from your smartphone. However, since there is no official support for screen mirroring on PS5, you would have to use a third-party website to achieve it. The easiest way to do this is by using an app called Screen Mirroring Pro, which is available for iOS and Android.
To achieve this, you must send the tvee.app website URL to your friend from your PlayStation messages and open the website. Scan the QR code displayed on your PS5 using the app installed on your phone to begin the screen mirroring process.
Why is Crunchyroll Not Working on PS5?
If Crunchyroll is not working on your PlayStation 5, here are some common issues and their fixes listed below.
|Unstable internet connection
|Check your network connectivity and reset your modem or connect your console to a different network with better connectivity.
|Spotify server outage
|Check if the Crunchyroll servers are offline with the help of Downdetector.
|App crashes and black screen glitches
|Restart PlayStation 5 and the Crunchyroll app.
|Outdated system software and app
|Update your PS5 and the Crunchyroll app on your PS5.
Yes. Crunchyroll is available on the PlayStation 5 and you can download it from the PlayStation Store for free.
Funimation is the best alternative to Crunchyroll to watch anime on your PS5.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.