- Install Funimation on PS5: On your PS5, go to Media → select All Apps → search Funimation→ select Funimation → click Download to install the app on your PS5.
- Activate Funimation on PS5: Go to the Media section → Open the Funimation app → Click Identify Yourself → Click Get a new code → Visit www.funimation.com/accounts/activate → Sign in to your Funimation account → Click Activate → Start streaming anime.
If you’re an anime fan looking for a Crunchyroll alternative to stream anime on your PS5, Funimation is the app you want. The Funimation app is officially available for the PS5. You can install the app directly on your PS5 and watch your favorite anime.
On the Funimation app, you can watch subbed and dubbed versions of hundreds of new and classic animes without ad interruptions. You can simulcast new dubbed episodes within 2 weeks of their broadcast in Japan.
This article will guide you on how to install and activate the Funimation app on your PS5 console. You will also find solutions for some of the common issues and bugs faced by the app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Existing Funimation subscribers can move directly to the installation guide. Here are the two subscription plans if you’re new to the Funimation streaming service.
- Premium: $7.99/month or $79.99/year
- Premium Plus: $9.99/month or $99.99/year
As a new subscriber, you will get a 14-day free trial of Funimation, which you can use to watch anime for free.
How to Sign Up for Funimation
1. Go to your browser and reach the official website of Funimation to Sign up.
2. Enter your Email address and Password in the given fields.
3. Click Continue to create your new account.
4. Choose any subscription plan and provide your payment information.
5. You can access Funimation anime by signing in to your account.
How to Install Funimation on PlayStation5
Once you sign up, you can download the Funimation app on your PS5 using the following steps.
1. Power on your PS5 console and connect it to a proper Wi-fi network.
2. Go to the Media section and click on All Apps.
3. Click the search icon and enter Funimation.
4. Tap the Download button and click the Open button after installation to launch it.
Once the app is downloaded to your console, you can move to the activation process.
How to Activate Funimation App on PlayStation5
After installing the Funimation App, you have to activate your account on the PlayStation 5 console with the guidance of these steps.
1. Launch Funimation on your PS5 from the Media section.
2. Tap the Identify Yourself option and click the Get a new code field to get the activation code.
3. Now, on your mobile or PC, visit www.funimation.com/accounts/activate.
4. Sign in to your Funimation account, enter the activation code, and click Activate.
Now, your PlayStation is ready to stream the Funimation content library.
How to Screen Mirror Funimation to PS5 from Smartphone
It is possible to screen mirror Funimation to PlayStation 5 from a smartphone. But PS5 does not natively support screen mirroring. So, you must use a third-party website to screen mirror Peacock TV to PS5. From your PS5, you need to send the tvee.app website URL to a friend.
Then, you can open the website. A QR code will be displayed on the page. You need to install the Screen Mirroring app from the Play Store or App Store and scan the QR code using the app. The screen mirroring process begins, allowing you to watch Funimation on your PlayStation 5.
Why is Funimation Not Working on PS5?
Is the Funimation app not working on PS5? Try the following possible fixes to resolve the issue in a few minutes.
|Unstable internet connection
|Check your network connectivity and reset your modem or connect your console to a different network with better connectivity.
|Spotify server outage
|Check if the Funimation servers are offline with the help of Downdetector.
|App crashes and black screen glitches
|Reboot PS5 and restart the Funimation app.
|Outdated system software and app
|Update PS5 firmware and the Funimation app on your PS5.
Yes, you can get Funimation on your PlayStation 5.
To cancel the Funimation subscription on your PlayStation, go to Settings and select Account Management. Now, click on Account Information and select Service List. Select Funimation from the list and click on Cancel Subscription.
No. Funimation can be watched offline only on mobile devices.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.