- The ESPN app is officially available on the PlayStation Store for PS5 consoles.
- Install ESPN App: Go to Media → Choose All Apps → Search for ESPN → Select the app → Click the Install button.
- Activate ESPN App: Open ESPN on PS5 → Go to Settings → Choose Log In with your ESPN Account → Get the code → Go to ESPN Activation website → Enter code and activate the app.
Using the PlayStation Store, you can install the ESPN app on your PS5 console. If you want to take a break from your extended gaming, get the ESPN app and watch any live matches from your favourite sports.
ESPN is a sport-centric platform that offers everything you need to know about sports around the world. You can use the app for free and get score updates from different sports like NBA, MLB, NHL, Cricket, Football, and more. To stream live matches and originals, you need to buy an ESPN+ subscription.
In this guide, you will learn about how to install and activate the ESPN app on your PlayStation 5 gaming console. We have also included some of the alternate ways to watch ESPN video content.
How to Install ESPN on PS5
1. Connect your PS5 to WiFi and take the controller.
2. On the home screen of your console, select the Media tab.
3. Under the Media tab, choose All Apps.
4. Click the Search icon and browse for the ESPN app.
5. Select the ESPN app from the search results and tap Install on the app info page.
6. That’s it. You have installed the ESPN app on your PS5 console.
How to Activate and Watch ESPN on PS5
To access its content, you need to activate the ESPN app. You can activate the app using your ESPN+ credentials or your TV provider account.
1. Open the ESPN app on your PS5.
2. Navigate to Settings on the app.
3. You will get two options Choose TV Provider or Log In with your ESPN Account.
4. If you have the TV provider credentials, select the Choose TV Provider option. Then, choose your TV Provider and enter the credentials.
5. If you click the Log In with your ESPN Account, you will get an activation code.
6. Note down the ESPN activation code displayed on the TV screen.
7. Go to the activation website www.espn.com/activate from a browser on your smartphone/PC.
8. Type the code in the box and tap Continue.
9. Login using your ESPN+ login credentials.
10. Once signed in, the app on your console will be activated.
11. Play any sports content on the app and watch it on your PS5.
Alternative Ways to Watch ESPN on PS5
ESPN channel is available on streaming services like YouTube TV & Hulu. So, you can install YouTube TV and Hulu on PS5 to stream ESPN content. Before installing these apps, ensure you get a subscription to the service you have chosen.
YouTube TV is a popular premium streaming service that comprises thousands of VOD content and 100+ live TV channels along with ESPN. You can get the YouTube TV app on PS5 from the Playstation Store. To get YouTube TV on PS5, you must buy a subscription of $72.99 per month. Get a subscription from the YouTube TV website.
Hulu is another premium streaming service that offers ESPN channels in its lineup. Like YouTube TV, you can download Hulu on PS5 from the Playstation Store. This service also provides unlimited DVR space. With Hulu, you can watch ESPN sports videos in high-resolution quality. Buy a subscription from the Hulu website and stream the ESPN content.
What’s on ESPN?
There are plenty of live and on-demand sports available on ESPN. With ESPN, you can watch MLB on PS5. Other than MLB, you can watch College Sports, NFL, NBA, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, and more. With the ESPN app, you can access all the ESPN networks like ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN Bases Loaded Networks, SEC Network, SEC Network+, Longhorn Network, and ACC Network Extra.
Yes. You can get an ESPN+ subscription to watch ESPN content without a TV provider.
If you have any issues with the ESPN app, you can restart the PS5 console. Check the internet connection if it is stable.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Connect Computer to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Block YouTube on Amazon Fire Tablet
- 11 Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Sideload Mozilla Firefox on Google TV
- How to Connect Wii to Samsung Smart TV [5 Different Ways]
- How to Install SHOWTIME App on Samsung Smart TV
- Can I Get a Free Trial on Peacock TV?
- How to Clear Cache on Android Phone / Tablet [Possible Ways]
- How to Access Microsoft Teams on Apple TV
- How to Watch YouTube Videos on Amazon Fire Tablet