- The ESPN app is officially available on the PlayStation Store for PS5 consoles.
- Install ESPN App: Go to Media → Choose All Apps → Search for ESPN → Select the app → Click the Install button.
- Activate ESPN App: Open ESPN on PS5 → Go to Settings → Choose Log In with your ESPN Account → Get the code → Go to ESPN Activation website → Enter code and activate the app.
If you are into sports, are a professional, or are a fan, you should not miss out on ESPN on PS5. It is one of the best streaming services dedicated to sports. The ESPN app is officially available for the PlayStation 5 gaming console.
You can install the app on the PlayStation 5 and access live telecasts of your favorite sports. That includes NBA, NFL, MBL, soccer, and more. Apart from live sports, ESPN also provides a vast library of original documentaries, live radio, news, podcasts, and much more sports-related content.
If you are a sports enthusiast, then ESPN is one of the best apps to install on your PS5 gaming console. Follow our guide to learn everything about ESPN on PlayStation 5 in one place. Read along to know more.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Get ESPN on PS5
If you already have an ESPN+ subscription, you can go to the installation steps directly. If you’re new to the service, you must subscribe to the EPSN+, which starts from $9.99/month on the official ESPN+ website. Alternatively, you can watch live sports on your active TV provider account. Once you sign up and subscribe to ESPN+, follow the given instructions to get ESPN on your PlayStation 5.
1. Turn on your PS5 and ensure it is connected to a stable internet connection.
2. Go to the Media tab and click on All Apps.
3. Go to the Search tab, type ESPN, and hit Search.
4. Select the ESPN app icon to go to the app page.
5. Click Download to begin the installation process.
6. Once the installation is complete, you can launch the ESPN app from the app page or the console home screen.
How to Activate and Use ESPN on PS5
To access the ESPN app on your PlayStation 5, you must register and activate the device with your account. Activate the EPSN app on your gaming console using the following steps.
1. Open the ESPN app on your PS5 home screen.
2. Click Login and get the activation code.
3. On your smartphone or PC, open the espn.com/activate website.
4. Enter the activation code displayed on your gaming console.
5. Click Continue.
6. Once activated, you can sign in with your ESPN+ or TV provider account to stream your favorite sports on the PlayStation 5.
How to Screen Mirror ESPN on PS5
You can also screen mirror ESPN to PlayStation 5 from your smartphone. However, since there is no official support for screen mirroring on PS5, you would have to use a third-party website to achieve it. Use your PS5’s direct messaging feature to send the tvee.app URL to your friend and open the website. Scan the QR code displayed on your PS5 with the Screen Mirroring App to begin the screen mirroring process. You can download the app from either the Play Store or the App Store.
Common Issues and Possible Fixes for ESPN on PS5
If ESPN is not working on your PlayStation 5, the issue you encounter might be one from the list below. Try the solution given below to try and fix them.
|Check your internet connection and restart your network router or connect to a better network with steady internet speed.
|ESPN server outages
|Check the ESPN server status from Downdetector
|Outdated app and system software
|Check if both your ESPN app and your PS5 system software is up to date. If not, update your PS5 and ESPN app.
|crashes and black screen issues
|Restart your PS5 console and the ESPN app
Yes, you can watch ESPN on PlayStation 5 directly by downloading the app from your PlayStation Store.
No, you cannot MultiCast ESPN on PlayStation 5 because, at the time, MultiCast was only available on Apple TV and XBOX One.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.