- Add YouTube TV on Vizio SmartCast TV: Open Menu → select Apps → search for YouTube TV → pick the app → click + Home Screen to add the app.
- Download YouTube on VIA+: Press the V button on remote → click All Apps → locate YouTube TV → click OK.
- YouTube TV on Vizio VIA: Press the V button → tap on Connected TV Store → click All Apps → select YouTube TV → tap OK → select Install Apps.
- Activate YouTube TV on Vizio TV: Open the YouTube TV app → get the activation code → visit the activation website → enter the code → click Continue.
As a movie buff, I’ve purchased plenty of streaming applications for my Vizio Smart TV to watch my all-time favorite movies. From the list of installed applications, YouTube TV is one of my favorite platforms for streaming movies online on Vizio TV. The premium subscription includes 85 live TV channels across popular platforms, including ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, and others, on your Vizio Smart TV.
Meanwhile, this article will cover all the possible methods to install YouTube TV and activate the app to watch your favorite content hassle-free.
Note: If you’re a new subscriber, you must subscribe to YouTube TV at $72.99/mo to start the service. Also, you can avail of a 10-day free trial on YouTube TV to access the premium content.
How to Install YouTube TV on Vizio TVs
The procedure to install the YouTube TV app will differ according to the Vizio TV models. So, use this guide to download the app on your Vizio TV models, including Vizio SmartCast, VIA Plus, and VIA.
How to Add YouTube TV on SmartCast TV
If your TV is running on SmartCast OS, you can follow the below prompts to add the YouTube TV app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Navigate to the home screen of your Vizio SmartCast TV.
2. Then, use the remote control and press the Left navigation button to go to the TV Menu.
3. From the main menu, select Apps.
4. From the Apps section, search for the YouTube TV app.
5. However, if the app is not available under the Discoverable tab, you can use the integrated search bar to search for the YouTube TV app.
6. Select the YouTube TV app from the search results and click the + Home Screen option to add the YouTube TV app.
After this, you shall proceed to activate and use the app on your Vizio TV.
To Download YouTube on Vizio VIA Plus
1. Power on your Vizio Internet Apps TV using the physical remote control.
2. After that, press the V button on the Vizio remote control twice to navigate the Apps section.
3. Then, scroll through and select the All Apps section.
4. From there, look for the YouTube TV app and highlight the app.
5. Further, click the OK button on your remote control to add the YouTube TV app to your TV.
6. Now, an ‘YouTube TV has been added to your My Apps list’ message will display.
After a successful installation, you can find the app under the My Apps section. Launch it and skip to the activation steps.
Installing YouTube TV on Vizio VIA TV
1. Switch on and ensure to connect the Vizio TV to a WiFi network.
2. Then, press the V button on the remote control.
3. From the following screen, select Connected TV Store.
4. After that, click the All Apps tab and look for the YouTube TV app.
5. Pick the app and click Install App to download the YouTube TV app on your VIA TV.
Skip to the below-given activation steps to access the app on your TV.
How to Activate YouTube TV on Vizio TV
After installing the YouTube TV, you must activate the app to watch your favorite content on your Smart TV.
1. Launch the YouTube TV app on your TV.
2. Note the activation code displayed on your TV screen.
3. Now, fetch a PC or smartphone and navigate to the activation website of YouTube TV.
4. Input the activation code on the respective field and tap the Continue button.
5. Now, the app is successfully activated on your Vizio Smart TV.
6. Further, log in to your YouTube TV account using credentials to stream your favorite movies and TV shows fuss-free.
How to Cast YouTube TV on Vizio TV
If you’re using an old Vizio TV or the storage is insufficient, you can’t install the YouTube TV app directly. In that case, you can use the Cast feature to access the YouTube TV content without installing the app.
1. Fetch your Android smartphone or tablet and download the YouTube TV app from the Play Store.
2. Make sure to pair your Android smartphone and Vizio TV to the same WiFi network.
3. After signing in, play your favorite video content on the mobile app and click the Cast icon from the playback screen.
4. Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the list of available devices.
5. After allowing the respective permissions, the desired content will be displayed on your Vizio Smart TV.
Note: Besides installing the app, you can sign in to your YouTube TV account on a web browser on your Windows PC and click the Cast icon to display the content on Vizio TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube TV on Vizio TV
If you’re using Apple devices like iPhones or iPads, you can use the AirPlay feature to display the content on your Vizio TV.
Note: Before proceeding, make sure to enable the AirPlay feature on Vizio TV by selecting Extras → Apple AirPlay → AirPlay → turn On.
1. Ensure to connect your Apple device and Vizi TV to the same internet.
2. Open the App Store and install the YouTube TV app.
3. After installing YouTube TV, open the app and sign in with Google credentials.
4. Play your favorite content and click the AirPlay icon.
5. Pick your Vizio Smart TV from the list.
6. Enter the AirPlay code displayed on your TV screen to share the content to your Vizio TV.
Fixes for YouTube TV Not Working on Vizio TV
In rare cases, the YouTube TV app will malfunction, or you can’t even install the app on your VIA or SmartCast TV. In that case, you can follow the troubleshooting guide mentioned below to fix the issue.
- Poor Internet Connection: You can’t install or stream content on YouTube TV if your WiFi network is poor or unstable. Use an ethernet cable or restart the WiFi router to resolve the issue.
- Login Issues: If you can’t get access to YouTube TV content, try to log out and log in again on your YouTube account.
- Outdated App: If the YouTube TV app is outdated, ensure to update the app on your Vizio TV to eradicate the error.
- Excessive App Cache: Sometimes, having too many cache files can cause the YouTube app to freeze. In that case, clear the app cache on your Vizio TV to fix the issue.
- Outdated Firmware: At last, you can try updating the Vizio TV firmware to the latest version to fix errors related to an application.
Yes, you can directly install the YouTube TV app on your Vizio Smart TV.
Yes, the YouTube TV app is free to install on Vizio Smart TV. But, it requires a premium subscription to stream content.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.