Generally, Vizio Smart TVs can be turned on easily by using the physical power button or with the help of a remote. Apart from that, we can also use remote apps on our smartphones to turn on the Vizio TV without the help of remote control. For that, Vizio officially offers an application called “Vizio Mobile app.” Alternatively, if you have a supported Universal Remote, you can utilize it to control the TV.
Once turned on, you can download apps on Vizio TV to access plenty of media content. In this section, we have explained all three possible ways that will help you to turn on the TV with or without the help of a remote control.
How to Turn On Vizio Smart TV With Remote
All the Vizio TV remotes have a dedicated Power button to turn on & off the device.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Insert your Vizio TV’s power cable into the electrical socket and power it on.
2. Point your Remote at your TV and press the Power button provided.
3. Now, your Vizio device will turn on.
How to Turn On Vizio TV Without Remote
As mentioned earlier, you can turn on Vizio TVs without their remote, and there are several ways to do it. You can use the Power button provided on your Vizio TV or the Vizio Mobile app on a Smartphone to turn it on.
Using the Power Button
The power button can be found either on the left/right back of your TV or at its bottom. After locating the button, press it gently, and the TV will turn on immediately.
Using the Vizio Mobile App
The Vizio Mobile app has a virtual remote feature with which you can do a lot of functions besides turning on Vizio TVs. This method only works if you’ve set up the Vizio Mobile app before itself.
1. Install the VIzio Mobile app on your iPhone or Android Smartphone.
2. Connect Vizio TV to a WIFI network. Ensure your Smartphone is also connected to the same WIFI network as your Vizio TV.
3. Now, launch the app on your Smartphone and click on the Select Device option provided at the top.
4. A list of Vizio devices connected to the same WIFI network will appear on the screen. Choose your Vizio TV and connect to it.
5. Now, a 4-digit code will display on your TV. Note the code and enter it on the app.
6. After authentication, your Vizio TV and its mobile app get paired.
7. Then, click on the Remote option provided at the bottom left and open its virtual remote.
8. Now, press the Power button provided at the top to turn on/off your Vizio TV.
Purchase and Use Universal Remote
If you are caught in a deadlock where you are unable to use any of the above-mentioned methods, then try using a Universal remote and turn on your Vizio TV. Universal remotes are similar to your original TV remote in terms of functionality. All you need to do is buy a reliable universal remote and pair it with your Vizio TV using Vizio-specific codes. After pairing, you can use it to turn on/off your Vizio device.
The advantage of purchasing a universal remote is that you can also use it to control other Smart TVs in your home.
Yes. You can use the power button attached to your TV and turn it on without using its remote or WIFI.
Yes. But, it requires the help of gaming consoles like PlayStation and Xbox. Since they are expensive to buy, they aren’t recommended.
No. Even though Vizio Smart TVs released after 2016 are Alexa-enabled, you can utilize them.
Ensure the power source isn’t faulty, check the remote batteries, and power cycle Vizio TV. You can even reach out to Vizio TV support to resolve the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.