- The Stremio app is not available to download on the Nvidia Shield TV.
- You can sideload the Stremio on Nvidia Shield TV using its APK file.
Stremio is one of the best streaming platforms that allows you to stream your favorite movies, TV shows, and live TV channels by installing add-ons. It is available on multiple platforms. Unfortunately, you cannot download Stremio on Nvidia Shield from the Google Play Store. However, you can sideload the app by installing its APK file.
Also, you can access the website on Nvidia Shield using any browser. This article will guide you on how to get the Stremio app on your Nvidia Shield TV.
How to Sideload Stremio on Nvidia Shield TV
You can get the app by sideloading using a third-party app called Downloader. So, follow the steps to sideload Stremio.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Open the Nvidia Shield TV and navigate to the Google Play Store.
2. Locate the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Choose the app from the search results and hit the Install button.
4. Open the app after the installation process, open it, and grant access to files media. Then click OK in the prompt.
5. Click the Home menu on the left pane, enter the URL of the Stremio APK (https://bit.ly/46MRPwo) in the required field, and hit the GO button.
6. Now, a prompt will appear when installation from unknown sources for Downloader is not enabled. So, click the Settings option and toggle next to the Downloader app.
7. Click the Install button to proceed with installing the Stremio app.
8. Once the app is installed, you can delete the downloaded APK file from the storage to save some space.
9. The sideloaded apps will not be visible in the app drawer. To access the Stremio app, go to the Settings menu and click on Apps.
10. Scroll down and hit the Stremio app from the list of apps installed on your TV.
How to Access Stremio Website on Nvidia Shield TV
1. Open any web browser of your choice on Nvidia Shield.
2. Go to the address bar and enter the URL of Stremio (https://web.stremio.com/).
3. Click the Sign in button and log in to your account.
4. Click the Addons icon on the left pane of the screen.
5. Browser your desired Addons and click the Install button to stream its content on the Nvidia Shield.
How to Fix Stremio Not Working on Nvidia Shield
Suppose you encounter any issues while installing Stremio or any add-ons on Nvidia Sheild. You can try some of the troubleshooting fixes to resolve the issue.
- Check if you have connected Nvidia Sheild to a stable internet connection.
- Ensure that Nvidia Shield is running on the latest version. If not, update it.
- If your device does not allow you to install the app due to insufficient storage, try clearing the cache files.
- If you face any issues with installing the add-on, try to uninstall and reinstall the app and repeat the process.
- Restart your Nvidia Shield to overcome any software glitches.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Stremio is an open-source tool and is completely free to download.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.