How to Block Pop-Ups In Chrome [Windows or Mac]
1. Launch the Chrome web browser on your Windows 11 or Mac PCs. Ensure that your Chrome is updated to the latest version.
2. Tap the three dots icon in the upper right corner and choose the Settings menu.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
Tip: Type chrome://settings on the address bar to launch the Settings menu.
3. Now, click on Privacy and security and choose Site settings.
4. Scroll down and select Pop-ups and redirects under the Content section.
5. Now, click on Don’t allow sites to send pop-ups or use redirects to disable all the pop-ups in the Chrome browser.
6. If you want to enable pop-ups, choose the Sites can send pop-ups and use redirects option.
7. Similar to blocking websites on Chrome, you can add or block pop-ups from a specific website by changing the Customized behaviors section.
How to Disable Pop-Ups on Google Chrome [iPhone / iPad]
1. Open the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
2. Tap on the vertical dots and then choose Settings from it.
3. Look for Content Settings and tap on it.
4. Now, tap on Block Pop-ups.
5. The option is enabled by default to block unwanted pop-ups. If you want to enable it, turn on the toggle.
6. Now, restart the Chrome browser and browse online without any pop-ups.
How to Block Pop-Ups on Chrome Browser [Android Devices]
1. Go to Google Chrome app on your Android device.
2. Tap on the vertical ellipsis icon and choose Settings from it.
3. Navigate down until you find the Advanced section, then tap on Site settings under it.
4. Choose Pop-ups and redirects.
5. Like iPhone, the option will be turned off by default. If you want to enable it, turn on the Pop-ups and redirects toggle.
Enabling or disabling the pop-up blockers on Chrome is truly based on the user’s needs. You need to enable pop-ups in situations where you want to use translators while browsing. For some users, pop-ups will be an irritating thing. Kindly note that there is no customized behavior section for mobile platforms, as seen on PCs.
Best Ad Blocker Extensions for Google Chrome
Add any of the extensions to your Chrome from the Chrome web store and enable it to automatically block pop-ups on Google Chrome.
Adblock Plus is a free and open-source ad blocker to block annoying ads. You can enjoy interruption-free browsing without any video, ads pop, etc. It helps avoid malware by blocking intrusive and also from companies tracking your online activity.
AdLock is one of the best tools to prevent advertisement. With AdLock, you can block pop-ups or banners, ads, etc., and stream content without interruption. It protects your privacy and personal information by tracking and blocking scams.
uBlock Origin is open sources cross-platform extension to block ads. Moreover, it is completely free, with 10 million installs only on Chrome. It helps to prevent ads or pop-ups in real time. This extension is available for Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc.
AdBlock is a simple and safe ad blocker for Chrome to stay away from video promotions and distracting ads. It blocks malicious ads with malware, cryptocurrency miners, scams, etc. You can set up custom ad-blocking rules across your Chrome profiles.
You can use the keyboard shortcut Alt + E to open Customize and Control Google Chrome option, then choose Settings from it.
Yes, by default, the Chrome browser will block all unwanted pop-ups. If you want, you can enable it.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.