How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
Brave browser is one of the fastest and most secure web browsers for PCs and smartphones. For Windows and Mac PCs, you can install the Brave browser easily. But for Linux, you must install the Brave browser based on the distribution.
Before installing Brave on Linux, choose which release you want to go with. There are three types of major releases on Brave web browsers.
- Official Release – It is the official and stable release of the browser.
- Beta Release – It is an early preview for new versions of Browser.
- Nighty Release – It is the testing and development version of the browser.
We recommend you get the official release of the web browser.
Install Brave on Ubuntu and Debian
There are two steps that you can use as per your preference to install Brave web browser on Ubuntu and Debian-based distributions.
- Using GUI
- Using Terminal
Install Using GUI
Installing Brave on Linux using GUI is the easiest way. You don’t have to execute any codes. You can directly install the app from the Ubuntu Software Center.
1. Open the Ubuntu Software Center.
2. Using the search icon, search for Brave.
3. Click on Install and enter your machine password.
4. When the software is completely installed.
5. You can launch it from the application menu and start using it like other applications.
Install Using Terminal
To install Linux on Ubuntu and Debian, you must install Curl on your system. It is easier than other packages to transfer the data easily and safely. Enter the following Linux commands to install Brave. You can also use these commands to install Brave on Elementary OS. First, you have to install the curl packages. Using the Terminal commands, you can also install Tor on Linux.
sudo apt install curl -y
Now, install Brave-related dependencies.
sudo apt install apt-transport-https
Then, import the Brae GPG key.
curl -s https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc | sudo apt-key --keyring /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/brave-browser-release.gpg add -
Here, add the Brave repository to your system
echo "deb[arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/source.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
Then, update the system repository and install the Brave browser.
sudo apt update && sudo apt install brave-browser
Install Brave on Fedora, CentOS, and Red Hat
sudo dnf install dnf-plugins-core
sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com/x86_64/
sudo rpm --import https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.cpm/brave-core.asc
sudo dnf install brave-browser
Install Brave on SUSE Linux
sudo zypper install curl
sudo rpm --import https://brave-browser-rpm-release.s3.brave.com/brave-core.asc
sudo zypper addrepo https://brave-browser-rpn-release-s3.brave.com/x86_64/brave-browser
sudo zypper install brave-browser
Install Brave on Arch Linux
sudo pacman -s
git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yay.git
yay -s brave
Install Brave on Snap
You can install Brave from the Snapcraft Store on Linux. Install Snap on Linux and follow the command as
sudo snap install brave
Note: Sometimes, Snap may not work on Linux. So we recommend you use official repositories instead of Snap.
How to Uninstall Brave on Linux
To uninstall Brave on Linus through the Terminal, run the following command as
sudo apt remove brave-browser
To clear the Brave repository, run the command as
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
Other Browsers for Linux
If you have uninstalled the Brave browser on Linux, there are a lot of alternatives that you can try. Web browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox are available for Linux. Using the Terminal command or from the official website, you can install these web browsers on Linux.
Yes, you can enable the dark mode on the Brave browser from your Linux PC.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Shipt Free Trial: Free Delivery Membership for Up to 3 Years
- Expedite TV IPTV: Watch 6500+ Channels & 15000 VOD at $9.50/month
- How to Stream SoundCloud on Apple TV
- How to Download and Stream IPTV on TCL Smart TV
- How to Build Trust in Your Distributed Team: 5 Tips for Effective Management
- Excellent Cloud File Manager in 2023
- How to Install and Use Indigo Kodi Addon
- How to Get Stremio on Roku / Roku TV
- 100+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URL & File [Updated – March 2023]
- How to Design a Catchy Digital Character