Bing is a search engine developed by Microsoft. Most of us use Google as our search engine in any browser. In the Chrome browser, you can change the search engine from the default option (Chrome) to any of the available options. If you are not satisfied with the Bing search engine, you can switch back to Chrome and remove the search engine. As of now, Chrome offers five search engines. You can choose any of the five search engines for your search purposes.
How to Remove Bing from Chrome [PC]
Before getting into the steps, make sure to update the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
1. Launch Chrome on your device and tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Tap the Settings option.
3. Click on Search Engine from the left column.
4. Select the Search Engine as Google or other engines except for Bing.
5. Then, click on Manage Search Engine and site search drop-down menu.
6. You will get a list of available search engines.
7. Tap on the three dots next to Bing and click on Delete.
8. This will remove the Bing search engine from the Chrome browser.
How to Remove Bing Extension on Chrome
If you have installed the Bing extension on Chrome, you need to disable or uninstall the extension to remove the Bing search engine.
1. Click the Customize Chrome icon in the top right corner.
2. Choose More tools and select Extensions from the pop-up.
3. You can also click the Extension icon and choose the Manage Extension button to open the Extension window.
4. Choose the Microsoft Bing extension from the list.
5. Click the Remove button to delete the extension. Or, turn off the toggle to disable the extension. If any confirmation pop-up appears, tap the Remove button.
6. The Bing extension has been removed from Chrome.
How to Remove Bing from Chrome on Android
In the Android smartphone, you can’t delete or remove the Bing search engine. However, you can change the search engine from Bing to Google or any other search engine. To do so,
1. Launch Chrome on your Android smartphone or tablet.
2. Click on the three dots icon and select Settings from the option.
3. Tap on Search Engine and choose Google or any search engine other than Bing.
In iPhones and iPads, you can’t change or remove the search engine for Chrome. You can change the search engine only for the Safari browser.
Yes, you can disable the Microsoft Bing service by uninstalling the Bing application from your Windows PC.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.