Brave browser is one of the most secure web browsers for smartphones and PCs. Unlike Chrome and Microsoft Edge, Brave browser doesn’t have built-in Chromecast support. If you want to cast the browser to your Chromecast or Chromecast-connected TVs, you need to screen mirror your smartphone. But on PCs, you can enable the Media Router extension to get the Cast support. Let’s see how to enable the Media Router and different ways to cast the Brave Browser.
How to Chromecast Brave to TV Using Windows or Mac
Before getting into the steps, make sure that you have installed the latest version of Brave browser. If not, get the latest version from the website or update the Brave browser.
1. Open the Brave browser and click the Three Lined icon in the top right corner.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Choose the Settings option from the list.
3. On the Settings menu, click the Extensions options.
4. Navigate to the Media Router option and turn on the toggle.
5. Now, click the Relaunch button to restart the Brave browser. This will save the changes on the browser.
6. After the restart, click the Three-Lined icon. You will get the Cast option. You can also right-click on a webpage to get the Cast option.
7. Clicking the Cast option will give you a list of compatible cast devices that are connected to the same WiFi network.
8. Now, go to the website that you want to cast and mirror the video to your Chromecast device.
9. If you want to disable the Chromecast feature from the Brave browser, you can turn off the Media Router toggle.
How to Chromecast Brave to TV Using Android
For Android smartphones and tablets, you can screen mirror the device directly from the Notification Panel.
1. Connect the Chromecast to stable WiFi. Then, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
2. Install the Brave browser from the Play Store. Open the app and sign in with your account.
3. Now, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on the smartphone brand.
4. From the list of devices, choose the Chromecast.
5. Then, go to the website that you want to cast from the Brave app. It will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
6. To stop the casting, tap the Cast again from the Notification Panel and click the Disconnect button.
How to Chromecast Brave to TV Using iPhone
For iPhone & iPad, you can’t directly screen mirror the app to Chromecast. You need to use third-party mirroring apps like Replica for this purpose.
1. Install the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Replica app. It will search for nearby devices. Choose your Chromecast device when detected.
4. Then, open the Brave browser. If you don’t have the app, you can install the app from the App Store.
5. Play any video file from any website using the browser. It will appear on your TV.
6. To stop the mirroring, disconnect the Chromecast device from the Replica app.
Yes, by enabling the Media Router extension, you will get Chromecast support on Brave browser for PCs. For smartphones, you can use the screen mirror feature.
By default, only the Chrome and Edge browser offers built-in Cast support. That too, is only for PCs.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.