- The Freeview app is not available on the Amazon App Store.
- You need to sideload the app on Firestick using third-party installers. You can also use Silk Browser on Firestick to access the Freeview website.
Freeview is the best TV guide app that I use on my smartphone. Unfortunately, the Freeview app is not available for Firestick in the Amazon App Store. If you want to get the Freeview app on Firestick, you need to sideload the app using its APK file. With the Freeview app, you will get a TV guide for BBC iPlayer, ITVX, UKTV Play, My5, and All 4 channels.
Let’s see how to sideload the Freeview app on Firestick using third-party installers. We have also included a separate guide on how to use Silk Browser on Firestick to access the Freeview website.
How to Sideload Freeview on Firestick
To sideload Freeview APK, we are using the Downloader app. You can use the same app or any of the Downloader alternatives to get the APK file.
1. Click the Find option on the Firestick home screen.
2. From the Find menu, click the Search tile.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Search for the Downloader app and install it on your Firestick.
4. Then, go back to the Firestick home screen and select the Settings icon.
5. Click on the My Fire TV option.
6. Pick the Developer Options from the menu.
7. Now, tap the Install Unknown Apps feature.
8. Select the Downloader app and turn on the toggle.
9. Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
10. On the home screen, enter the URL of the Freeview APK file (https://bit.ly/40ZENdw) – You can use the same link to sideload Freeview APK on Android TV.
11. Hit the Go button to download the APK file.
12. After downloading the file, press the Install button and wait a while.
13. Finally, click the Open button to access the Freeview app.
14. Sign in with your Freeview account and get the TV guide.
To watch the video content, you need to have the specific app on your Firestick. For instance, if you want to watch the Manhunt series, which is streaming on ITVX, clicking the Manhunt video title on the Freeview app will redirect you to the ITVX app. So, you need to have the ITVX app on Firestick.
How to Stream Freeview on Firestick using Silk Browser
1. Install and launch Amazon Silk Browser on Firestick.
2. Click Accept terms to accept terms and conditions.
3. You will reach the Bing page.
4. In the URL field, enter the Freeview URL (https://www.freeview.co.uk/) and click Go.
5. Click Watch Now on the Freeview homepage.
6. Select any video title from popular streaming services like BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4, etc.
(7. Tap the Sign In to Play button and log in with your account credentials.
8. Start streaming your favorites on a big screen with your Firestick.
How to Cast Freeview to Fire TV
Using your Android device, you can cast the Freeview app to a Fire TV device. To screen mirror to Firestick, you have to enable mirroring. Long-press the Home button on your Firestick and select Mirroring to enable it.
1. Connect your Fire TV and Android devices with an internet connection.
2. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and install the Freeview app.
3. Go to the Notification Panel and click on the Screen Cast option from the list.
4. Select your device from the available list of options to connect.
5. Now, launch the app and select any content. Start streaming Freeview on your Fire TV device.
Features of Freeview
- Freeview offers over 70 SD channels and 15+ HD channels. You are allowed to pick your favorite channels among them.
- You can create a personal playlist and add your favorite for easy access.
- The built-in reminder helps you to catch up with upcoming shows or movies by alerting you to notifications.
- It also gives a TV guide to schedule your streaming or viewing plan.
- With the Freeview HD recorder, you can record live shows or series and enjoy them in your leisure time.
Why do you need to use a VPN?
The Freeview platform is available only in the UK and Australia. To access Freeview anywhere in the world, you can use a VPN to unblock geo-restrictions. Using a VPN will make your streaming experience more secure. We recommend you use some of the best VPNs, like NordVPN. If you are in Australia, you can install the Freeview AU app on Apple TV directly from the App Store.
Yes, you can install and use the Freeview app for free.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.