Kodi is an open-source media player that lets you stream sports, live TV channels, movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more by installing addons. Updating Kodi helps to fix the temporary bugs and glitches. In addition, you will also get new features by updating the Kodi app. As Kodi is unavailable for Firestick, you can’t update the app on the Applications section of Firestick. The only way to update the app on Firestick is by reinstalling the latest version of Kodi using Downloader or ES File Explorer. Before installing the latest Kodi version, ensure to delete the older Kodi version from Firestick.
How to Update Kodi on Firestick
To update the Kodi on your Firestick, you need to reinstall the latest version of the Kodi app on your Firestick-connected TV. The APK link of the Kodi is listed below.
Kodi APK Link: https://bit.ly/3FmQQsn
(1) Install the Downloader app on your Firestick.
(2) Navigate to the Home Screen on your Firestick-connected TV.
(3) Click the Settings icon and tap My Fire TV.
(4) Select Developer Options and hit the option Install unknown apps.
(5) Navigate to the Downloader option and turn it ON.
(6) Launch the Downloader app on your Firestick.
(7) Tap the Home tab and enter the latest version of the Kodi APK file link on the URL box.
(8) Hit the Go button and tap Install on the Kodi installation screen.
(9) That’s it. You have successfully installed the latest version of Kodi.
Using ES File Explorer
You can also use ES File Explorer to install the latest Kodi version. Before jumping into the steps, install the ES File Explorer on your Firestick.
(1) After installing the ES File Explorer, enable Install unknown apps for ES File Explorer. To enable it,
Go to Settings → Click My Fire TV → Tap Developer options → Select Install unknown apps → Choose ES File Explorer → Turn it ON.
(2) Launch the ES File Explorer app on your Firestick.
(3) Select the Downloader option on the home screen of ES File Explorer.
(4) Click the option New at the bottom.
(5) Tap Path and enter the URL of the Kodi APK file. Then, type Kodi in the Name field.
(6) Tap Download Now to download the Kodi APK file.
(7) Once downloaded, click the option Open File and tap Install.
(8) Again, click Install to install the latest version of Kodi on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You need to manually update the app by reinstalling the latest version of Kodi.
Open Kodi >> Click the Settings icon >> Tap System Information >> You can find the Kodi version under Version Info.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install Nickelodeon Kodi Addon
- How to Mute a Tab in Chrome Browser
- How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription
- How to Clear Firefox Cache [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Update Google Chrome Browser [Mobile & Desktop]
- Best Browser for Android TV / Android TV Box
- How to Reset Chrome Web Browser [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Install Les Mills on LG Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch Freevee on Roku
- How to Setup and Use Chromebook