Nintendo Switch is a popular gaming console because it has a portable console and dock. It has an excellent game library. Are You a Nintendo Switch gamer who likes to try its games on the big screen? Then you are in the right place. Everyone likes to play games on the big screen as it gives a delightful experience. Usually, you connect Nintendo Switch to the TV with the dock, but you can also connect the Switch to the TV without a dock.
How to Hook up Nintendo Switch to TV
The following are the steps to connect Nintendo Switch to your TV. To connect the switch to your TV, you need a few materials.
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- Nintendo Switch game unit with Joy-Cons
- AC adapter
- HDMI cable
- HDMI-compatible TV
Once you collect these materials, you can start connecting Nintendo Switch to your TV.
1. Open the back cover of the dock and make sure you place your Nintendo Switch dock near your Television.
2. Find three labeled ports named AC porter, USB, and HDMI OUT.
3. Connect the AC port and it goes into the top port and the other end to the wall socket.
4. Next, connect one end of your HDMI cable to your HDMI port and the other end to the HDMI port on the back of the TV.
5. Route the cables through the notch in the dock and close the back cover of your Nintendo Switch dock.
6. The next step is to remove the Joy-Con controllers from the Switch console. To remove it, you can press the button on the back of your Joy-Con and slide it upward to remove it.
7. Follow the same to remove your second Joy-Con.
8. Put the Nintendo Switch into the dock and ensure that the screen is facing the front side of the dock, where you can find the Nintendo switch logo.
9. Turn on your Nintendo Switch and your Television.
10. Finally, set the input on your TV to the corresponding HDMI port you used.
Now play your favorite Nintendo Switch game on your Television. After finishing the game, if you want to disconnect the Switch from your TV, you can do it easily.
Related: How to Get Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV without a Dock
You can now connect Nintendo Switch to a TV without a dock and for that, you need a USB-C to HDMI adapter. You can buy a USB-C to HDMI adapter, which has the three inputs like the dock and a single USB-C output.
1. Disconnect the HDMI and USB-C cables from the back of the dock.
2. Place the Nintendo Switch near your Television.
3. Connect the HDMI and USB-C cables to the USB-C to the HDMI adapter.
4. Next, connect the adapter with your Nintendo Switch.
5. Adjust the input on your TV and select the corresponding HDMI port.
6. Finally, you can start playing the Switch games without the dock.
You may think connecting the Nintendo Switch is monotonous work. But with a little patience and dedication, you can make it simple. So you can use the steps given above to connect Nintendo Switch to your TV and have a fun experience by playing games on a big screen.
Related: How to Connect Nintendo Switch Controller
No, Nintendo Switch Lite doesn’t support TV mode.
It is possible to wirelessly cast smartphone and tablet displays to TV through the Google Chromecast. Different Wireless HDMI options are available with TVs and media streaming devices capable of receiving video and displaying it.
You can use Nintendo Switch without a TV because it comes with a built-in screen.
You can plug any USB keyboard and mouse into one of the USB ports on the Nintendo Switch dock. The Switch will detect the keyboard right away.