How to Delete Games on Nintendo Switch
Nintendo Switch comes with the default 32 GB storage. It may not be enough for Switch gamers who want to explore new games. So, to improve storage, you can use a microSD card to store many games. If you don’t have a microSD card, you can delete or uninstall the least used games on your Nintendo console. You can delete games on Nintendo Switch in different ways.
Steps to Delete Games on Nintendo Switch
1. Launch your Nintendo Switch console.
2. Navigate to the home screen menu.
3. Select the game you want to delete and press the + button on the right side of your joy-con controller. You can also click the Options button on the screen.
4. Click Manage Software from the menu shown on the screen.
5. Tap Delete software from the Manage Software menu.
6. Click the Delete button again to confirm the process of uninstalling the game.
7. After the game is deleted, tap the OK button to close the pop-up.
How to Delete Saved Data on Nintendo Switch
Though you delete the games on Nintendo Switch, it will not delete the saved game data on Switch. So to free up the space on Nintendo Switch, you need to delete the saved data. Remember, once you delete the saved data, you can’t recover it again. In this way, you can permanently delete the game on your Nintendo Switch consoles.
1. Click the Settings icon on the Nintendo Switch home screen.
2. Select Data Management from the System Settings menu.
3. On the next screen, tap the Delete Save Data option.
4. Choose the game you want to delete the saved game data.
5. If the game has multiple profiles, you need to choose a profile to delete the data. To delete all the profile’s data, click the Delete All Save Data for This Software option.
6. On the confirmation screen, tap the Delete Save Data button.
How to Archive Game on Nintendo Switch
When you archive a game, it will be available on the home screen as a shortcut to redownload the game again. So instead of deleting the game, you can archive the game.
1. Navigate to the home screen and select the game you need to archive.
2. Click the Options icon or the + button.
3. Select the Manage Software option.
4. Click Archive Software from the Manage Software menu.
5. Again, click the Archive button to complete the process.
Archive vs. Delete
When you delete the game, it will not be available on the home screen. You need to download the game from the Nintendo Switch e-Shop. But when you archive a game, it will be available on the home screen as a shortcut to redownload the games on Nintendo Switch. Clicking the shortcut will install the game.
How to Install Games on Nintendo Switch
As you know, all the deleted games will be available on the Nintendo Switch e-shop. You can redownload the game on Nintendo Switch that you uninstalled recently from the Store. If the saved game data is deleted, you won’t get the game progress. You need to start the game from scratch. If not, you can continue the game from where you left off.
Frequently Asked Questions
To delete Epic Games or any game account, you need to use the specified gaming website. From the Nintendo Switch, you can’t delete a game account.
- How to Connect PS5 [PlayStation 5] to Your TV
- How to Change or Reset Your PS4 Password
- How to Enable and Use the Hidden Internet Browser on Nintendo Switch
- How to Watch YouTube on Xbox One
- How to Watch Crunchyroll on Xbox One
- How to Restart Xbox One [Different Ways]
- How to Reset PS3 [PlayStation 3] to Factory Settings
- How to Connect AirPods to Nintendo Switch